Apples and pecans are a super legit combo. I feel like most things that are in season at the same time go pretty well together. However, I think I found one of the most legit combinations of flavors. This mix of spiced apple cider and pecans in cookie cake form is amazing. I made it even more delicious with the edition of the vanilla frosting, but just the wonderful marriage of apples and pecans is to die for.
My husband and my anniversary is next week, we have been married for five totally awesome years. Where am I going with this? One of my husband’s all time favorite desserts is any type of cookie cake. So in honor of our upcoming fifth anniversary, I got to thinking about how much I have learned about him and what it takes to have a successful happy relationship. I also began to think about the things my husband loves. So, cookie cakes were on my mind, as well as of course FALL!!!!!!
Thus, I have brought together two of the greatest things of all time, cookie cakes and Fall! This is light and fluffy while maintaining it’s moisture. The contrasting textures between the soft cookie and the crunchy pecans is glorious. Warmed up and served with some vegan vanilla ice cream, forget about it! The apple cider gives it a light apple flavor making the pecans shine and giving it a similar taste to a pecan pie, which I am also totally in love with and will be working on some more pecan pie type recipes very soon!
Now I know I say most of my recipes are easy to make, even if you aren’t an experienced cook or baker, but I think this one might be the most simple recipe I have made. You can do this very quickly, without much hassle or clean up. I am quite certain, anyone can make this recipe, and look like a super bad ass (which is my goal in life). My husband loved the cookie cake inspired by our five years as a married couple! I hope you enjoy!
Vegan Apple Cider Pecan Cookie Cake
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 45m
- Serves: 8
- Yield: 1 large cookie cake
- Category: Dessert
- 1/2 c Vegan butter( I use Earth Balance)
- 1/2 c White sugar
- 1/4 c Brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Flax egg( 2 Tbsp. flax meal+3 Tbsp. water=1 egg)
- 2 c All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 c Apple cider ( Trader Joe’s has an amazing spiced apple cider)
- 3/4 c Pecans, chopped
- 1/2 c Vegan butter
- 1/2 c Vegetable shortening
- 3 c Powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, or stand mixer, cream together vegan butter and sugars. Add the flax egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together.
- Start adding the dry mixture and apple cider to the vegan butter and sugar mixture, alternating until everything is combined.
- Stir in the pecans, and press into a circular pan prepared with non stick spray.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- While the cake cools, make the frosting. Beat all the ingredients on high until light and fluffy. Decorate when the cookie cake cools and eat!