It’s November already? How in the heck did that happen? I love Halloween, but I am generally equally excited for the holidays that soon follow! Mostly because they call for a lot of cooking and baking, and as you may know, I love to cook and bake. My mom was a great baker, and one thing we used to do was bake a vast amount of cookies for the holidays and carefully divide them between decorative tins to give to all our friends and neighbors. My brother and I tried to keep this tradition alive for along time, however we now live 1100 miles apart. Sad face. So, now that my daughter is four and is actually a pretty good baker after watching me for hours everyday, I am going to start to do this this year with her!
To get myself in the spirit of cookie planning, I decided to make myself a healthier version of of the Starbucks favorite! It was so incredibly easy and so incredibly delicious that I thought I would share it with all of you! This only takes a few minutes and serves 3 or 4 people. You can use whatever kind of sweetener you would like, but I decided to not use any refined sugars in an effort to make holiday recipes just a wee bit better for you. Just brew a little cooffe and add everything into one sauce pan, and a few minutes later, you have an amazingly decadent treat that no one will know is vegan or refined sugar free. Bonus: It will make your house smell like happiness!
Vegan Gingerbread Latte
- 2 c Coconut cream, I used Trader Joe’s
- 2 c Almond milk
- 1 1/2 c Coffee
- 1/3 c Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. Molasses
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 tsp. Ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 Cloves
- Vegan whipped cream for serving
- In a medium sauce pan, combine coconut milk, almond milk and coffee. Heat on medium and whisk until everything is fully combined.
- Add the maple syrup and molasses and whisk. Then add the spices.
- Simmer on medium to low for 5-10 minutes. It will become very aromatic and make sure it is piping hot.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and cloves and serve. Top with vegan whipped cream and serve with gingerbread cookies, if you want!