This pizza is poppin’.
I have never met a pizza I didn’t like, but I think I have found my pizza soul mate in this vegan jalapeno popper pizza! I could eat this every day for the rest of my life, and die happy. Fresh sliced jalapenos, mushroom “bacon,” vegan Mozzarella, vegan Cheddar with a simple olive oil base. This vegan jalapeno popper pizza takes just a few minutes to throw together and you’ll be happy it is so easy since you will need to eat it all the time.
The jalapenos become so delicious and roasted, but still have a bite and are nice and spicy. The mushrooms are marinated in soy sauce, liquid smoke and maple syrup. Making them smoky and salty and sweet. The perfect pairing for the spicy jalapenos. The mushrooms just need to marinate for a little bit while you prepare the rest of the pizza toppings.
I use Trader Joe’s pizza dough. I love it so much! It is cheap, certified vegan and sooooo delicious. It works so well and is such an awesome time saver. You can totally make your own pizza dough if you want, which sometimes I am feeling ambitious and want to make my own dough. Then other times, I can really only muster up the energy to just slap some stuff onto a pan.
Vegan jalapeno popper pizza is the vegan pizza we all need in our lives. It tastes just like eating a big jalapeno popper. Smoky bacon-y mushrooms, spicy jalapenos, cheddar and mozzarella style vegan cheeses all roasted together and bubbly. I love this pizza like it was my own child.
Vegan Jalapeno Popper Pizza
- 16 oz. Pizza dough, vegan I used Trader Joe's
- 4 oz. Mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Liquid smoke
- 1 Jalapeno, fresh
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped fine
- 3/4 C. Vegan Mozzarella, I used Follow your heart
- 3/4 C. Vegan Cheddar, I used Follow your heart
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Then, slice the mushrooms really thin. Place them in a small bowl and pour the soy sauce, maple syrup and liquid smoke into the bowl. Toss the mushrooms in the marinade, and let them sit in the marinade while you prep the rest of the pizza. You want them to sit for 15- 20 minutes at least. But the longer the better.
- Now, cut the top off the jalapeno and slice the jalapeno thin. Then chop the garlic.
- Next, roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface, as thin as you would like it in a large circle.(If you aren't great at rolling out dough, just press it out onto a pizza pan). Place the dough on a pizza pan sprayed with non stick spray.
- Then brush the top of the dough with the olive oil.
- Now, sprinkle with the chopped garlic, and then about half of each of the cheeses.
- Next, top with half the jalapenos, half the mushrooms, removing the slices from the marinade.
- Then the remaining cheese, the remaining jalapeno and the remaining mushrooms.
- Next, bake the pizza at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the pizza is nice and brown and cooked through. Serve immediately!