I have major stomach problems, I have tried a lot of different things to make it better, what seems to help the most is not eating dairy of course, but also not eating gluten seems to help. So in an effort to not eat much gluten, I decided to come up with more gluten free recipes.
When my husband, daughter and I lived in New York City, I worked in the West Village. Next door to my work was an awesome little bakery. They made the greatest chocolate chip sea salt cookies. I tried not to eat too many, but resistance was futile. I have been missing New York so much recently, so I tried to recreate the cookies I loved so much, but gluten-free and vegan!
This recipe is super easy, you don’t need one million ingredients, and it is pretty fool proof. I hope you enjoy! Adapted from My Gluten Free Kitchen.
1/4 C. Vegan cream cheese
1/2 C. Vegan butter ( I use Earth Balance)
1 C. Brown sugar
1/2 C. White sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 flax eggs ( 2Tbsp flax meal + 3 Tbsp water = 1 egg)
3 Tbsp. Almond milk
2 1/4 C. Gluten-free all purpose flour( I used Bob’s red mill)
1/2 tsp. Xanthan gum
1 tsp. Baking soda
3 tsp. Sea salt + more for sprinkling on top
1 1/2 C. Dark chocolate chunks
1/2 C. Mini dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together vegan butter, vegan cream cheese and sugars.
3. Add flax eggs and vanilla.
4. In another bowl, sift gluten-free flour, xanthan gum, and baking soda. Add sea salt.
5. Add almond milk and dry mixture to the wet, and stir together.
6. Add the chocolate chips and chunks. Mix just until chocolate is incorporated.
7. Roll about 2 Tbsp. of dough into a ball and put on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press each ball down a bit and top with more sea salt.
8. Bake at 350 for 12-15 or until brown.
Tools I used: