For when it is hot outside, but you still need noods.
So, it’s finally starting to get warm, and in Florida, that means it is going to get hot, fast. What I crave on hot spring and summer days are salads and anything chilled that makes me not have to stand over the stove. So here is one of the most amazing cold noodle salads I have ever had. This vegan cold yum yum noodle salad will be something you want to take to all your outdoor parties, picnics and just for every day, when you really want something chilled, but delicious.
This Asian inspired noodle salad, is full of veggies, and tossed with the best sauce. This is a vegan version of the yum yum sauce you get at hibachi places, and it is the stuff of dreams. This is all super quick to throw together. I made mine gluten free by using rice noodles. I think any stir fry noodles would work, soba, any kind of rice noodles. They would all be great!
So all you really need to do to create this perfect cold yum yum noodle salad is cook the noodles, let them cool, then toss everything in a bowl. BOOM! Your done, and on your way to a super tasty treat!
Have you ever tried yum yum sauce? When I was vegetarian and not yet vegan, I used to get hibachi veggies and tofu all the time and dip literally ever single piece of my meal in yum yum sauce. It is highly addictive. I have been missing that flavor for a while now, and this cold noodle salad makes me so damn happy!
Vegan Cold Yum Yum Noodle Salad
- 16 oz. Asian noodles, I used rice noodles, but soba or wide noodles will do.
- 1/2 C. Carrots, shredded
- 1/2 C. Edamame, cooked
- 1/2 C. Cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 C. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Green onion, chopped
- 3/4 C. Vegan mayo
- 1/2 tsp. Tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Agave syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vegan butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First cook the noodles according to the package directions. Then drain and let cool completely. I like to put mine in the fridge to cool them down faster.
- While the noodles are cooling, cut all the veggies, cilantro and green onion and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Now make the yum yum sauce. In a separate mixing bowl, add the vegan mayo, tomato paste, garlic powder, paprika, agave, melted vegan butter, and water. Whisk to combine. Now add a few pinches of salt and pepper. Then taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Once the noodles are cool, add them to the large bowl with the veggies. Then pour the yum yum sauce on top. Toss to fully coat everything. Serve, or keep in the fridge until ready to serve.