This “carne” Asada vegan sheet pan quesadilla is my absolute favorite thing to make for a crowd. It is simple, makes a whole lotta quesadillas at once and is incredibly yummy. The smell of the sauce cooking is enough to make you weak in the knees. You can use vegan ground “beef” for this recipe or tofu crumbles work great too. But, really it is all about the “carne” Asada sauce. Layer that with vegan cheese inside the tortillas and bake it.
What You Need For This Giant Quesadilla:
- Cilantro and Garlic: These are essential to the sauce.
- Olive Oil and Soy Sauce: These are the liquids to start the sauce.
- Orange Juice and Lime Juice: I recommend using fresh juices.
- Cumin and Hot Sauce: To added some extra flavor and kick to the sauce.
- Vegan “Beef” or Tofu Crumbles: I used Beyond Beef.
- Tortillas: You need 8 large tortillas to make this vegan sheet pan quesadilla.
- Vegan Cheese: I used Violife cheddar.
- Vegan Mayo, Non-Dairy Milk, Parsley, Dill, Chives, Onion Powder: To make a spicy ranch dipping sauce!
You should absolutely serve this quesadilla with some vegan spicy ranch! It is really easy to make. You just throw all the ingredients into a food processor and voila! It is amazing. This vegan “carne” Asada with the melty cheese and crispy tortilla dipped in some of that spicy ranch is killer! You will impress all your guests. They’ll honestly be shocked that this is vegan!
Why Should You Make This Sheet Pan Meal?
- This “carne” Asada is so simple, but absolutely delicious. You’ll want it in all your tacos and quesadillas.
- It is incredible easy to make!
- The perfect way to feed a crowd in no time.
- The “meat” can be made ahead of time and you can throw it all together right before you want to eat.
- This spicy ranch, oh, my gosh, the spicy ranch!
“Carne” Asada Vegan Sheet Pan Quesadilla
For The "Carne" Asada
For The Quesadilla
- 8 Large Flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegan cheddar style shreds, I used Violife
- Salsa, guacamole or any toppings you want
For The Spicy Ranch
- 3/4 Cup Vegan mayo, I used Hellman's
- 2 Tablespoons Non-dairy milk, unsweetened I used soy milk
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon Hot sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees(F).
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, soy sauce, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, hot sauce, and cumin. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive on medium high in a large non-stick skillet. Add the vegan beef or tofu crumbles. Sauté, reducing heat as needed, until the "beef" or tofu has browned. About 10 minutes.
- Now, pour the sauce you made into the skillet and stir to combine. Continue to cook the "beef" or tofu for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Take a large sheet pan and lay 6 tortillas around the edges of the pan, hanging off the sides. Then put one tortilla in the middle.
- Spread the "carne" Asada evenly over the tortillas on the sheet pan. Then spread the vegan cheese evenly over the top of that.
- Take one more tortilla and cut it in half, place one half on top of the "meat" and cheese on one end of the pan and the other half on the other end of the pan.
- Fold all the tortillas in to the center, so all of the "meat" and cheese is covered. (See video for visual instructions).
- Spray the top of the tortillas with non-stick spray. Place another sheet pan on top of the quesadilla and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from on top of the quesadilla and bake for 5-10 more minutes. Or until brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- While the quesadilla bakes, make the spicy ranch if desired.
- Add all the spicy ranch ingredients to a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Once the quesadilla is done, cut into squares with a pizza cutter and serve with toppings of choice.