This dip will get the party started!
Guys, I have been sick for over a week. I started to not be able to taste anything, which is my worst nightmare. I have been craving spicy food like crazy. So, I have been destroying this vegan creamy jalapeno dip. Plantain chips, tortilla chips, potato chips. This creamy jalapeno dip is literally perfection with anything.
I am totally addicted to this stuff. Especially since it is easy AF, and pretty healthy. Made from just raw cashews, jalapenos, cilantro and seasoning. This dip is amazing! Everything is just thrown in a blender or food processor and pureed until nice and smooth.
Have a party to attend to soon? Bring some vegan creamy jalapeno dip. You will be a hero. Also, it has a beautiful light green color. So, it’s perfect for spring, right?
I just want to be clear though, you do NOT need a party to attend as an excuse to make this dip. You will literally want this all the time. You do need to soak the cashews first, so I have just been constantly soaking cashews so I know I will always have creamy jalapeno dip.
My husband has been using it as a spread on sandwiches, and this is not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all. This vegan dip is so darn creamy, and so darn delicious, there are unlimited uses for it!
Vegan Creamy Jalapeno Dip
- 1 C. Raw cashews, soaked
- 1/2 C. Almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 1 fresh Jalapeno, de-seeded
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1/3 C. Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- You will want to pre-soak your raw cashews for at least 4 hours. I like to soak them over night. I just put them in water before I go to bed, then they are ready the next day.
- Once the cashews have been soaked and are soft, drain them and then add them to a food processor or blender.
- Then add the almond milk, and start to pulse to begin making the cashews creamy.
- Then cut the top off the jalapeno and cut it in half then remove the seeds. Then add it to the food processor or blender. Next add the lime juice, cilantro, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Now, process scraping down the sides as needed until the dip is very smooth and creamy. It may take 5 minutes or so to get it nice and creamy. If it is still too thick add a bit more almond milk.
- Now taste and adjust seasonings adding more salt or pepper if needed, or more lime or garlic if desired.
- You can serve this immediately, or if making a head of time, store in an air tight container in the fridge until ready to use. Serve with tortilla chips, plantain chips or potato chips. I'm sure any veggie chip would be delish!