This is the most summeriest summer comfort food that ever existed! Baked chipotle tofu that is a little sweet and has some nice heat. Some roasted corn turn into the most delicious salad. This vegan chipotle tofu with roasted corn salad goes together so well, you’ll wonder why you never thought of it before! Also, hello! This is another one of my favorite sheet pan dinners. You get the tofu started baking first, then add the corn half way through. When it’s all done, just cut the corn off the cob. Mix with the rest of the corn salad ingredients and serve together. You will probably wants seconds of this amazing dish!
Corn on the cob is one of my husband’s favorite things in the summer time, when ears of corn are cheap, sweet and juicy. So, I am always trying to come up with new ways to make corn extra wonderful. Whilst dreaming about corn, I started craving a summery, tangy corn salad. Then I thought, what would go well with the corn salad? Spicy, vegan chipotle tofu! Thus, one of my family’s new favorite meals was born.
This chipotle tofu is made using dried chipotle powder, so you don’t have to worry about chopping them up and getting them all over your hands. You just make a quick dry spice rub, toss the pressed tofu in some olive oil and the dry rub. Bake until nice and firm! The corn is tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper. Then just added to the pan to roast once the tofu is almost done.
The roasted corn is tossed with lime juice, red onion, cilantro and a bit more salt and pepper. The summer time corn gets even sweeter and juicier once it is roasted. It is the perfect compliment to the spiciness of the tofu and I love it all so freaking much!
Vegan Chipotle Tofu with Roasted Corn Salad
- 1 Block(15oz.) Extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 Ears of Corn
- 1/2 a Red onion, diced
- 1/4 Cup Chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 Lime(about 1 tablespoon)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Once the tofu has been pressed*, preheat the oven to 375 degrees(F).
- Then cut the block tofu into slices about 1/3 inch thick. Then cut those in half so you have rectangles. Place the tofu in a bowl and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top. Rub the oil into the tofu to coat. Set aside.
- Then in a small mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, chipotle, paprika and salt. Stir to combine, then sprinkle on top of the tofu. Toss to coat all the tofu evenly in the spices.
- Place the tofu on to a large sheet pan, using half of the pan. You will place the corn on the pan later. Bake the tofu for 20 minutes. Or until it is starting to get firm.
- In the mean time, peel your ears of corn and place them in a large bowl or on a plate. Drizzle with the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Rub to coat them.
- Once the tofu has baked for about 20 minutes, remove the pan from the oven. Flip the tofu, and then place the ears of corn on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the tofu is nice and firm.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and let the corn cool for a minute so you can handle it. In a medium sized mixing bowl, cut the kernels of corn off the cob into the bowl.
- Then add the red onion, cilantro, lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Serve the chipotle tofu with corn on top or on the side!