Hear ye, hear ye! Wine and cheese for everyone!
In honor of National Wine Day which is this Saturday the 25th. I decided to show you guys my favorite thing ever! The best vegan cheese platter of all time, to pair with your favorite vegan wines. I got all my goodies to go on my cheese platter at Thrive Market. They also have a mighty fine selection of vegan, clean wines. In my opinion, not only do you need the perfect vegan cheese recipe, you need the perfect accompaniment to that cheese.
Enter all the wonderful nuts, fruits, seeds and crackers that I like to pair my cheese with. You need a few salty things, a few sweet things and lots of different textures. Then have fun figuring out what tastes best together!
The cashew cheese recipe that I always use, that is the best part of this post, is super simple and you can really add any flavorings that you want to the base. To put together the best vegan cheese platter, I made a garlic and herb cheese! This flavor will make everyone fall totally in love!
Another super fun thing to do with friends is to figure out what cheese flavors and snacks you like to pair with what wine. You can get an awesome variety of vegan, clean wines on Thrive Market so you can taste a bunch and find out which you love the most! I’m definitely more of a white wine girl, but most of my friends love reds. So, I just get something for everyone.
I have a lot of different parties and get-togethers happening soon, and this vegan cheese platter is so easy to throw together and literally everyone loves when I show up with a huge beautiful platter of goodies. Make sure to take advantage of our partnership with THRIVE MARKET to get everything you need to make your best vegan cheese platter. Just click HERE and it will take you to our page and you will receive an extra 25% off their already low prices and a free 30 day membership! So la-de-dah and a happy national wine day to you!
Here’s What’s On My Platter:
- Dates! For some sweetness.
- Mary’s Gone Crackers Super Seed Crackers for all your cheese spreading needs.
- Harvest Snaps Green Pea Snack Crisps for a crispy texture.
- Plant Snacks Beet with Vegan Goat Cheese Crackers for crunch.
- Super Seedz Gourmet Pumpkin Seeds for a sweet and salty kinda thing!
- Living Intentions Malted Maple Superfood Nut Blend for the perfect sweetness.
- Olive Tapenade. For saltiness.
- The Best vegan cheese ever! Recipe below! To go with everything.
You can find all these on THRIVE MARKET! So make your best cheese plate ever!
*The links in the post are affiliate links. If you buy anything from the links provided, we may get a wee bit o’ money. Thank you for supporting Rabbit & Wolves!*
Vegan Garlic and Herb Cheese
- 1 Cup Raw cashews, soaked
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil, solid
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Dried parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/3 Cup Green onions, chopped
- You need to soak your cashews first. Soak them in either cold water for 8-12 hours. I like to do it over night. Or in boiling water for 30 minutes-1 hour.
- When ready to make the cheese, drain the cashews and add them to a blender with the tahini, coconut oil, lemon juice, water, and salt.
- Blend on high, scraping down the sides as needed until the mixture is completely smooth. It may take a few minutes, depending on your blender.
- Once the cashew mixture is smooth, scoop mixture into a bowl.
- Add the parsley, garlic powder, black pepper and green onions to the bowl. Stir to combine with the cashew cheese.
- Put the cashew cheese in the fridge. Let it chill for at least an hour or two and the cheese will firm up and be the perfect texture!
- Serve with all your cheese platter favorites! Keep the cheese covered in the fridge until ready to serve. The cheese will keep in the fridge for about a week or so.