Vegan white lasagna soup is the soup of my dreams.
Okay, I’m on a soup kick right now. This Vegan White Lasagna Soup is addictive, easy, healthy, so rich and creamy and full of protein! Hearty and cheesy soup, flavored with Italian spices. Then lasagna noodles are cooked in this perfect broth. It tastes just like an amazing white lasagna. It is so comforting and all I want right now on the cold nights!
This vegan white lasagna soup is a one pot meal, which you guys know are my favorite! Soooo much garlic is caramelized with some onions. Then veggie broth mixed with the creamiest most perfect cashew cream ever. Italian seasoning, nutritional yeast and then the lasagna noodles are cooked right in the soup.
This lasagna soup takes no more than 20 minutes and will be one of your new favorite soups. The cashews do need to soak for a while to make sure that they make a super velvety cream sauce. I just soak them over night the day before I make the soup. Or you can start soaking them the morning before you plan to have this for dinner.
Get the ingredients for this soup now, you will want this on repeat throughout the chilly months. It is FINALLY cooling off here in Florida, and vegan white lasagna soup is where it’s at!
Vegan White Lasagna Soup
- 1 Cup Raw cashews, soaked
- 1 Cup Vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- Pinch of Salt and pepper
For the Rest of the Soup
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 6 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 a Sweet onion, chopped
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 6 Cups Vegetable broth
- 2 Teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 Teaspoons Agave syrup
- 8 Lasagna sheets
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- The cashews need to be soaked for 6-8 hours. Overnight is great! If you are in a pinch, you can soak the cashews in boiling water for about 15- 30 minutes.
- Once you are ready to make the soup, make the cashew cream first. Drain the soaked cashews and add them to a blender with the rest of the cashew cream ingredients. Blend on high, scraping down the sides as needed until the cream is super smooth and velvety with no texture. This may take a few minutes. Set this aside.
- Now, in a large soup pot, heat the olive oil on medium high. Then add the garlic and onions to the pot. Saute, reducing heat as needed until the garlic and onions are slightly caramelized. This may take 5-10 minutes.
- Then add the lemon juice to the pot and scrape any bits of garlic and onion off the bottom.
- Next, pour in the vegetable broth, and whisk in the Italian seasonings and nutritional yeast and agave.
- Now, pour all the cashew cream you made into the pot and whisk to combine everything.
- Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Next, break the lasagna sheets into about 1-2 inch pieces. Then add them to the soup.
- Simmer, stirring frequently until the noodles are al dente. Check your package for timing.
- Once the noodles are done, taste and adjust seasoning. I needed to add more salt.
- Serve immediately. I like to add some spinach or greens to my bowl and pour the soup over so my spinach doesn't get over cooked! Top with fresh herbs!