Vegan Tuscan rigatoni is the best dang pasta ever! Seriously!
I love carbs! Pasta, bread, potatoes, give me all the carbs. I am a bit of a self proclaimed pasta connoisseur, and I must admit, I have out done myself with this one. This Vegan Tuscan Rigatoni is amazing! Super quick and easy, the perfect week night meal. Super garlicky sun dried tomatoes and spinach cooked with white wine, and then mixed with creamy dreamy cashew cream. Toss with pasta and you will not even understand why this pasta is so damn delicious!
Someway, somehow, the combination of sun dried tomatoes, spinach and garlic cooked in white wine takes on a smokey bacon like quality. It is truly incredible! I discover something new while cooking every day. It is thrilling and wonderful.
I love how a simple pasta can be made outstanding using different veggies, and a depth of flavor can be created using only plant based ingredients! You do need to soak your cashews, preferably overnight. However, once that has been done, this is a 15-20 minute meal! My favorite kind of meal!
The entire sauce can be created while the rigatoni cooks, so once the pasta is done, you can just toss it all together. I got the idea for a Tuscan pasta from Tuscan Shrimp and Chicken dishes I have seen. Sun dried tomatoes, spinach, wine in a cream sauce. I thought how amazing would that sauce be over some rigatoni?
This vegan Tuscan Rigatoni is the most amazing pasta dish I have had in a very long time. Smokey, a little sweet, garlicky, creamy and everything I dream of in a perfect pasta dish! I hope you love this recipe, even my cooked spinach hating husband loves it! So, I am pretty sure I can get anyone to love this one!
Vegan Tuscan Rigatoni
- 1 C. Raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 C. Vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 5 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 4 C. Baby spinach
- 3/4 C. Sun dried tomatoes
- 1/3 C. White wine, vegan
- 16 oz. Rigatoni, regular or gluten free
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start boiling water for your rigatoni, cook according to package instructions.
- While you are bringing water to a boil, drain the soaked cashews then add them, the vegetable broth, nutritional yeast and lemon juice to a blender. Blend on high until nice and smooth scraping down the sides as needed. It may take a few minutes. Now add salt and pepper to taste. Just leave in the blender for a few minutes until you need it.
- Once the water is boiling, cook your pasta until it is al dente. Drain when finished.
- In the mean time, heat the olive oil in a large skillet, on medium high. Add the garlic and saute for a minute. Then add the spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook for a few minutes until the spinach has wilted and the sun dried tomatoes are soft. Add the wine and simmer for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat as needed.
- Now stir in the cashew cream sauce until completely combined. Taste and adjust seasoning adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- Turn the heat off and add the rigatoni to the skillet. Toss the pasta in the sauce and coat completely. Serve immediately! I topped mine with fresh basil and cracked black pepper!