I decided to do a new play on one of Rabbit and Wolves’ most popular recipes EVER. This vegan Tuscan lasagna soup is a reimaging of my very highly rated white lasagna soup! It is so simple to make and will convince serious vegan non-believers that vegan food can get it! And, honestly, who doesn’t love a Tuscan soup?
What You Need For This Creamy Dreamy Soup:
- Raw Cashews: These babies are what it is all about! They make this soup so creamy.
- Non-dairy Milk: Blended with the cashews makes the perfect cream.
- Lemon Juice: Cause this cream needs some tang!
- Olive Oil: To help get the soup party started.
- Onions, Garlic, Spinach and Sundried Tomatoes: These make up the base of the Tuscan flavors of this soup.
- Balsamic Vinegar: To amp of those flavors.
- Vegetable Broth: Veggie broth is mixed with the cashew cream to make the best soup consistency.
- Italian Seasoning, Agave Syrup and Nutritional Yeast: For cheesy, Italian, sweet goodness.
- Lasagna Noodle Sheets: What would lasagna soup be without lasagna noodles?!
I am in love with the combination of sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, garlic and onions. It makes this already amazingly creamy, noodle soup even more of a dream. Forget Olive Garden. I have no doubt in my mind you and everyone you know will love this one vegan Tuscan lasagna soup!
Want more vegan soup recipes? Check these out.
Why Should You Make This Perfect Soup?
- It is the best, seriously, I could it like everyday.
- Super easy, like, as easy as it gets.
- Simple to find ingredients.
- So comforting, but healthy(ish).
- Impress everyone with your plant-based cooking skills.
Vegan Tuscan Lasagna Soup
For The Cashew Cream
- 1 Cup Raw cashews, soaked*
- 1 Cup Non-dairy milk, unsweetened I used soy milk
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- A few pinches of Salt and pepper
For The Rest of the Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 a Sweet onion, diced
- 6 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 10 Ounces Frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3/4 Cup Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 8 Cups Vegetable broth
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Agave syrup
- 8 Lasagna sheets
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Make the cashew cream first. Drain the soaked cashews and add them to a blender. Then add the non-dairy milk, lemon juice and a few pinches of salt and pepper to the blender.
- Blend on high, scraping down the sides as needed, until the cream is totally smooth. It may take a few minutes, depending on your blender. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, sauté, reducing heat as needed , until the onion is translucent. About 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the balsamic vinegar and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Next, pour in the vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, agave and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Then, pour in the cashew cream you made and whisk again.
- Bring to a simmer, then break apart the lasagna sheets into 1-2 inch pieces. Add the pieces to the pot.
- Simmer until the lasagna sheets are al dente. Check the package instructions for cooking time.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Adding more salt and pepper or lemon juice if needed.
- Serve immediately. I like to serve with parsley, extra sun-dried tomatoes and vegan cheese on top. Red pepper flakes too if you like!