I decided to do a new play on one of Rabbit and Wolves’ most popular recipes EVER. This vegan Tuscan lasagna soup is a reimaging of my very highly rated white lasagna soup! It is so simple to make and will convince serious vegan non-believers that vegan food can get it!
What You Need For This Creamy Dreamy Soup:
- Raw Cashews: These babies are what it is all about! They make this soup so creamy.
- Non-dairy Milk: Blended with the cashews makes the perfect cream.
- Lemon Juice: Cause this cream needs some tang!
- Olive Oil: To help get the soup party started.
- Onions, Garlic, Spinach and Sundried Tomatoes: These make up the base of the Tuscan flavors of this soup.
- Balsamic Vinegar: To amp of those flavors.
- Vegetable Broth: Mixed with the cashew cream to make the best soup consistency.
- Italian Seasoning, Agave Syrup and Nutritional Yeast: For cheesy, Italian, sweet goodness.
- Lasagna Noodle Sheets: What would lasagna soup be without lasagna noodles?!
I am in love with the combination of sun-dried tomatoes, spinach. garlic and onions. It makes this already amazingly creamy, noodle soup even more of a dream. I have no doubt in my mind you and everyone you know will love this one vegan Tuscan lasagna soup!
Why Should You Make This Perfect Soup?
- It is the best, seriously, I could it like everyday.
- Super easy, like, as easy as it gets.
- Simple to find ingredients.
- So comforting, but healthy(ish).
- Impress everyone with your plant-based cooking skills.
Vegan Tuscan Lasagna Soup
For The Cashew Cream
- 1 Cup Raw cashews, soaked*
- 1 Cup Non-dairy milk, unsweetened I used soy milk
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- A few pinches of Salt and pepper
For The Rest of the Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 a Sweet onion, diced
- 6 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 10 Ounces Frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3/4 Cup Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 8 Cups Vegetable broth
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Agave syrup
- 8 Lasagna sheets
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Make the cashew cream first. Drain the soaked cashews and add them to a blender. Then add the non-dairy milk, lemon juice and a few pinches of salt and pepper to the blender.
- Blend on high, scraping down the sides as needed, until the cream is totally smooth. It may take a few minutes, depending on your blender. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil on medium high.
- Add the onion and garlic, sauté, reducing heat as needed , until the onion is translucent. About 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the balsamic vinegar and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Next, pour in the vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, agave and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Then, pour in the cashew cream you made and whisk again.
- Bring to a simmer, then break apart the lasagna sheets into 1-2 inch pieces. Add the pieces to the pot.
- Simmer until the lasagna sheets are al dente. Check the package instructions for cooking time.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Adding more salt and pepper or lemon juice if needed.
- Serve immediately. I like to serve with parsley, extra sun-dried tomatoes and vegan cheese on top.