Vegan Truffle Ricotta with garlicky mushrooms rolled into a cute lasagna roll-up!
Guys, you have got to try these vegan truffle ricotta and mushroom lasagna roll-ups! Seriously, you’ve GOT to! This simple yet incredibly delicious recipe is one of the recipes that defines and affirms just how amazing vegan food can be. Elegant, succulent and yet totally easy. I have been seeing a trend in lasagna roll-ups recently and wanted to try my hand at it of course. However, I can never make a recipe that I think other people have already thought of!
So, I decided I needed to fancy up my ricotta and what is better than plain vegan ricotta? Ricotta with truffle oil! Then that mixed with mushrooms sauteed in a crap ton of garlic stirred into the truffle ricotta. That is all spread onto a lasagna sheet. Rolled up, placed in a baking dish. Baked and then topped with vegan butter, lemon and garlic sauce!
So much garlic and it is so totally amazing! The simple act of melting vegan butter and mixing with lemon juice then sauteing a truck load of chopped garlic in the lemon and butter sauce, then pouring over the lasagna roll-ups is the greatest idea I have ever had!
This may sound a bit complicated, but fear not. It really couldn’t be much easier. In a food processor goes a block of tofu, then garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, olive oil a good amount of salt and TRUFFLE OIL! Process, then fold in some mushrooms, spread, roll , bake, DONE!
This is pretty quick, I think quick enough for a weeknight meal. However, I also think this would be an amazing date night meal, fancy enough, but simple enough to enjoy in no time! Serve with maybe some white wine and a candle, a movie, vegan dessert, best night ever! I hope you come to understand how amazing truffle ricotta is!
Vegan Truffle Ricotta and Mushroom Lasagna Roll-ups
Vegan Truffle Ricotta
- 1 Block Extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp. Truffle oil, vegan friendly*
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Lasagna Roll-ups
- 10 oz. Mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 Box Lasagna sheets
Vegan butter, lemon, garlic sauce
- 1 C. Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 6 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook lasagna sheets according to package directions for a baked pasta dish. Drain and let cool. You can toss with a little olive oil so they don't stick together.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a food processor, add the drained and pressed tofu, olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic and truffle oil. Then a pinch of salt and pepper. Process until fairly smooth and a ricotta like texture. Scraping down as needed. May take a minute to smooth out. Taste and adjust seasonings. Will probably need more salt. Set aside.
- Now saute the mushrooms, add the olive oil to a cast iron skillet and heat on high. Add the garlic and mushrooms, and saute for about 4-5 minutes reducing heat as needed, until fully cooked through and getting a little brown. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Now stir the sauteed mushrooms and garlic into the truffle ricotta.
- Next, taking one lasagna sheet at a time, spread a thin layer of the ricotta and mushroom mixture onto the entire lasagna sheet. Now roll-up.
- Spray a baking dish with non stick spray and place each lasagna roll-up into the dish. Repeat until you have used up all the ricotta and mushroom mixture. Placing each roll-up right up against the last.
- When ready, bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the tops are starting to brown just a bit.
- While the lasagna roll-ups are baking, make the butter sauce, by just melting the vegan butter and lemon together in a small sauce pan on low, then add the garlic and saute for a minute or two until the garlic is softened.
- Once the lasagna roll-ups are done, pour the butter sauce over the roll-ups and serve immediately!