If you need a healthy, super quick weeknight meal that is incredibly delicious, I’ve got you covered! This vegan sweet mustard tofu, strawberry and avocado salad is the salad of your dreams! Super easy, rather healthy, but you would never know. I used my totally awesome fool proof and healthy way to make really crispy tofu!
I discovered a while ago that if you cube tofu and press it, then bake at a high temperature for about 30 minutes, you can get the crispiest, perfect tofu without any effort, and without having to fry it! One of the secrets is to use tin foil on the baking sheet and then just spray with a little non stick spray. Then spray the top of the tofu with more non stick spray, and bake.
Boom! Perfect, healthy baked crispy tofu! The sweet mustard vinaigrette is my take on a honey mustard dressing, however, obvs I couldn’t use honey, so I replaced it with agave nectar. Side note: if you want to make a recipe that contains honey, just replace it with light agave. I have tried this in so many things, candies, dressings, sauces, baked goods, it always works out perfectly!
Since we are well on our way into summer, I thought it was time to make a nice refreshing salad you can have when it is hot outside. Dang it is already super hot in Florida! While the tofu is baking, you can just throw everything else together, and bam, ready to eat!
I hope you love this salad. The combination of the strawberries, avocado and sweet mustard is totally amazing. Top that with the extra crispy tofu, and it is one of the most delicious salads I have ever had! I love to add a little protein to my salads, and this tofu is the absolute perfect way to do it!
P.S. These two tools will make your life a lot easier!
Vegan Sweet Mustard Tofu, Strawberry, Avocado, Spinach Salad
Sweet Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1/3 Cup Whole grain mustard
- 1/4 Cup Agave nectar
- 1/3 Cup Olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black pepper
For the Salad
- 1 Block Extra firm tofu
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1 Bag Baby spinach
- 1/3 Cup Nuts of choice, optional
- Salt to sprinkle on the tofu
- Cut tofu into cubes, and place on paper towels, place more paper towels on top, and put something heavy on top to press the tofu. Press for at least 15 minutes, the longer the better.
- When you are ready to make your salad, preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with non stick spray. Place the tofu in a single layer on the sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt and spray the tops of the tofu with more non stick spray. Bake for 20-30 minutes until nice and brown and crispy.
- While the tofu is baking, add all the vinaigrette ingredients to a shaker if you have one, if not to a small bowl. Either shake or whisk until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the spinach, sliced strawberries, sliced avocado and nuts if using. Once the tofu is ready, let cool for a few minutes. Add the tofu to the salad, drizzle with dressing and serve!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Rabbit and Wolves and the brands that keep us up and running. For more information, read my Amazon Affiliate Program Disclosure.*