I’m hot, sticky, sweet, from my gills down to my stem.
These roasted mushrooms are one of the greatest things I have ever eaten. Definitely one of the best mushroom dishes I have ever had, and I am a woman who likes a good mushroom. These vegan sticky apricot mushrooms are incredible. Super easy, and you will wonder why you have gone through so much of your life without eating them. Just marinate for a bit and roast in the oven. BOOM! Sticky, sweet and salty goodness!
The marinade is just 7 ingredients, then I recommend using Portobello mushrooms. That’s it, mushrooms sprinkled with salt and pepper. Then Slice and marinate for as long as you want. Roast and serve with rice if you like! I like to make sticky rice to go with it. It is AMAZING!
This sticky apricot marinade/sauce is seriously the most delicious thing ever! It would probably make cardboard taste wonderful. However, I definitely think mushrooms are the way to go.
This is vegan comfort food at it’s finest! A big warm bowl of rice and sticky apricot mushrooms will be the best decision you made all day! The mushrooms get all warm and bubbly and brown and sticky sweet. It’s cold outside my friends! Go get your roasted mushrooms on!
I used my cold leftovers to make sushi with carrots, avocado, and cucumber! It was so delicious! So, pretty much, just put these mushrooms in everything and on everything!
Vegan Sticky Apricot Mushrooms
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 C. Apricot jam or preserves
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 tsp. Orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1/4 tsp. Chili flakes
- a few pinches Salt and Pepper
- Slice the mushrooms into large slices, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Then in a mixing bowl, whisk the apricot jam, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, orange juice and zest, water and chili flakes. Whisk until all the jam has dissolved and there are no big chunks.
- Now add the sliced mushrooms to the marinade. Stir to coat. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, the longer the better. Stirring every once in a while.
- Then preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Now, place the sliced mushrooms onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Sprayed with non stick spray. Brush the mushrooms with more marinade, coating well. Then bake at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Now, flip the mushrooms, brush with more marinade, and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the mushrooms are brown and sticky and juicy.
- Remove from the oven, brush with remaining marinade. Serve immediately with rice, other veggies or whatever you like!