This will put a spring in your step!
This creamy, dreamy vegan spring onion soup was made for spring! This incredibly delicious soup is somehow only 6 ingredients plus salt and pepper. No dairy replacement to make it creamy. Just pureed spring onions, garlic and potatoes make this soup very decadent. It seems like there is dairy, and you could fool pretty much everyone!
This spring onion soup takes like 15 minutes to make! You can eat it plain, because it’s so good, I could drink it. Or you can serve with some nice crusty bread. Or if you want something a little heartier, you can add your favorite protein! It tastes freaking incredible with some crispy tofu.
This vegan spring onion soup is my kind of spring meal. Healthy, uses lots of veggies, easy, but still really comforting! Spring onions have vitamin K, vitamin C and vitamin A! This soup uses a lot of them, so you can feel pretty good about eating this soup.
My whole family loves this crazy-creamy spring onion soup! Even my kid! It’s a little spicy from the onions and garlic. It’s a little sweet, and a little salty. It has everything I want in a totally incredible soup!
Vegan Spring Onion Soup
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Then add the chopped potatoes. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Saute the potatoes, reducing heat as needed until the potatoes are starting to soften and brown a bit. About 5-10 minutes.
- Then add the chopped garlic, and saute for 1-2 minutes to cook the garlic.
- Next, add the chopped spring onions(you can leave the onions in pretty big pieces since you will be pureeing the soup). Saute for just a minute to wilt the spring onions. Sprinkle with another pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice to the pot, and scrape any bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Now, pour the broth into the pot. Stir to combine everything and bring to a simmer. Simmer for a few minutes or until the potatoes are completely cooked.
- Then, either using an immersion blender or adding the soup to a blender. Blend the soup until it is completely smooth. If you used a regular blender, add the soup back to the pot.
- Taste and adjust seasoning adding more salt and pepper if needed. Serve with crusty bread, chili oil or any kind of protein you may want!