Spicy, nutty, sweet and salty.
It is finally starting to cool off a bit in Florida. So, this vegan spicy Thai peanut ramen has been on repeat! The broth tastes a bit like a beautiful satay style peanut sauce. Which is one of my favorite things. This Thai peanut ramen is so hearty and filling, but still doesn’t feel heavy. The spicy peanut broth is so incredibly flavorful, you could really eat it on it’s own. Or add all kinds of different things if you don’t want ramen noodles.
Garlic, ginger, curry paste, peanut butter, soy sauce and lime juice make this broth so flavorful. The broth is just a simple veggie broth and coconut milk combination. It is one of the best things you will eat this fall and winter! So comfy and cozy.
Another reason I love this vegan spicy Thai peanut ramen is because it is a one pot, super fast, super easy meal. I don’t think it could get much simpler than this ramen soup. Or more delicious!
As far as the ramen noodles go, you can get regular packets of ramen and just toss the flavor packets in the trash. Most ramen noodles are vegan, by themselves. Just double check the ingredients of the brands that are at your store!
This Vegan ramen soup is hands down the best ramen I have had. You can add whatever protein or veggies you have in the fridge, or just eat it as is with just broth and noodles. I love adding tofu and mushrooms! Whatever you add, you will have an amazing meal!
Vegan Spicy Thai Peanut Ramen
- 2 Teaspoons Olive oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger, grated
- 1 Teaspoon Green curry paste
- 4 Cups Vegetable broth, divided
- 1 Can(13oz.-14oz.) Coconut milk, full fat
- 1/2 Cup Peanut butter, natural or organic
- 2 Tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Agave syrup
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 9-12 Ounces Ramen noodles
- Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, black or white
- Thai chilis
- Peanuts, chopped
- Other veggies you may want
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on medium high. Then add the chopped garlic and grated ginger. Saute, reducing heat as needed for a minute or 2 to cook the garlic.
- Now, add the curry paste, and stir it into the garlic and ginger. Cook for another minute.
- Then add 3 cups of veggie broth and the coconut milk. Stir to combine everything. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Next, in a medium sized bowl, whisk together the remaining cup of broth and the peanut butter. I find this makes it easier to incorporate the peanut butter.
- Now, add the peanut butter and broth to the pot and whisk to combine.
- Then add the soy sauce, agave and lime juice. Simmer on low for 5-10 minutes to develop the flavors. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add a pinch of salt if needed or more lime juice or agave if needed.
- Right before serving, add the ramen noodles into the pot(add 9 oz if you want more broth or 12 oz if you want it more noodle heavy). Simmer them, cooking according to package directions. They usually only take a minute or two.
- Serve immediately as is, or add the optional toppings, veggies or tofu or whatever you want.