Spicy cream sauce and sweet potatoes are your new best friends!
Spicy vegan cream sauce, roasted sweet potatoes, nice starchy pasta. This vegan spicy pasta with roasted sweet potatoes has it all. A super healthy and delicious way to get your sweet and spicy fix! This healthy spicy cream sauce is made with cashews for a good amount of protein. Then just simple chopped sweet potatoes roasted with a little olive oil and sea salt. This spicy pasta is Fall in a bowl.
It is absolutely astounding how well a spicy cream sauce goes with sweet potatoes! It is a Fall party in my mouth. Since the sweet potatoes are naturally so sweet, I think something spicy is the best compliment. I would even eat sweet potatoes with just this sauce on top! It is that good!
This vegan spicy pasta is a great weeknight meal! It takes no time at all. You do need to soak the cashews for several hours beforehand, but I just usually start soaking mine in the morning the day I plan to make a cashew cream sauce. However, I have definitely forgotten, and soaking them in boiling water for about 20 minutes does the trick in a pinch.
The spiciness from the cream sauce comes from chili paste and garlic, and DANG! It is so yummy! It is the perfect amount of spice, not too hot, not too mild. One bite of pasta with spicy cream sauce and a piece of roasted sweet potato, and you will be a believer!
Vegan Spicy Pasta with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, chopped (about 1 1/2- 2 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 Cup Cashews, raw (soaked)
- 1 Tablespoon Nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Chili paste
- 2 Teaspoons Agave syrup
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable broth
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Black pepper
- 16 oz. Pasta
- The cashews need to be soaked for at least 4 hours. I like to start soaking them in the morning before I plan to make this, or you can soak them in boiling water for about 20 minutes.
- Once you are ready to make everything, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Chop the sweet potatoes into small cubes.
- Then toss them in the olive oil and sea salt. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and roast them at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. I like to flip them around after about 10 minutes. Roast them until they are brown and soft.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Now, make the spicy cream sauce. Drain the cashews that have been soaking. Then add them to a blender. Then add the nutritional yeast, chili paste, agave, garlic, veggie broth, salt and pepper.
- Pulse and blend on high, scraping down sides as needed. Blend until nice and smooth and creamy. It may take a few minutes. Now,taste and adjust seasonings.
- Once the pasta is done, drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Pour the spicy cream sauce on top, and toss to coat the pasta. Stir around to heat up the sauce.
- Then pour the roasted sweet potatoes on top, and toss again. Serve immediately. I like to top mine with fresh herbs!