Greens and carbs! These are a few of my favorite things!
Romesco sauce is one of my all time favorite things! It goes amazingly well on almost any protein or vegetable. It also makes the most delicious pasta sauce! It compliments greens beautifully well, also. Making this a totally healthy, filling and completely perfect dish! The spicy kale, the rich and thick sauce and the carby delicious pasta is one of my new go to meals. Made in no time! This vegan spicy kale and romesco pasta is the best pasta!
This romesco sauce is made in 2 minutes in a food processor, and then simply heated on low until nice an hot and bubbly. In the mean time, just cook your pasta of choice and saute some kale in olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and some nice sea salt! Quick, easy and a great healthy meal for any night of the week!
Romesco sauce has a very unique flavor, so much depth and there is nothing like it! Tomatoes, roasted red peppers, garlic, parsley, lemon, thickened by almonds and a slice of bread. It blends up in no time, and is so insanely scrumptious!
Kale is one of my favorite veggies to use in pasta. Have you tried adding sauteed kale to pasta and then any sauce, really? I feel really good about myself, because, ya know, it’s healthy and stuff. However, it is also freaking delicious! Greens and carbs generally create my favorite meals!
Easy, unique, this vegan spicy kale and romesco pasta is my jam! A little smoky, a little spicy, and all the good things! I hope you enjoy this majorly delish pasta dish! I am a firm believer that you can never have too many pasta dish recipes in your repertoire!
Vegan Spicy Kale and Romesco Pasta
- Start heating water for the pasta. Cook according to package instructions.
- Then make the romesco sauce. Place all the sauce ingredients into a food processor or blender. Blend on high, scraping the sides down as needed until the sauce is nice and smooth. May take a few minutes.
- Now add the sauce to a small sauce pan, heat on low. Stirring occasionally until the sauce has cooked and is nice and hot and bubbly. 5-10 minutes.
- While the sauce is heating and pasta is cooking. Saute the kale. Heat the olive oil in a non stick pan on medium high, then add the garlic and kale. Then the red pepper flakes and salt. Saute for about 2-4 minutes until the kale has softened, reducing heat as needed. Remove from heat.
- When the pasta is ready. drain and return to the pot, then add the kale and romesco sauce. Toss to coat the pasta in the sauce. Serve immediately!