The best invention for winter ever created!
It’s cold outside. You are going to need to make some vegan s’mores drinking chocolate, immediately. This drinking chocolate is thick and luscious. It is flavored with the flavors used in graham crackers, cinnamon, brown sugar, molasses, and vanilla. Making the chocolate taste like the chocolate and graham cracker part of the s’mores. Then just top with some vegan marshmallows, toast them(I like to burn mine), and BOOM! The best thing for winter ever invented!
This drinking chocolate takes just about 5 minutes, and everything is thrown into a pot. You just melt the chocolate and whisk to combine everything. Then let it start bubbling so you know it is nice and hot. Then serve. I like to get my marshmallows at Trader Joe’s. They are vegan but with regular marshmallow price! There are plenty of other brands you can get though if you don’t like the Trader Joe’s ones, or don’t have one near you.
I fell in love with drinking chocolate when we lived in New York City. My husband worked nights at a place called The Chocolate Room. It was just as awesome as it sounds. Everything they made was chocolate themed. They had a thick and amazing drinking chocolate that could be made vegan using their dark chocolate version and almond milk. My husband used to bring me some on cold nights, and I couldn’t get enough!
I wanted to share my immense love for this awesome treat with you! I wanted to make it even more amazing, by adding this s’mores spin to it. Share a big pot with your loved ones. My husband, daughter and I made a some last weekend, and drove around looking at Christmas lights, then walked through a local park that goes all out with lights! It was a perfect evening!
Vegan S'mores Drinking Chocolate
- 8 oz. Dark chocolate, vegan
- 2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Molasses
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 C. Coconut cream, I used Native Forest from Edward and Sons
- 2 C. Almond milk or other non dairy milk of choice
- Vegan Marshmallows
- In a medium sized pot, add everything except the vegan marshmallows. Heat on medium high, start whisking as the chocolate melts. Continue to whisk until the chocolate has fully melted and everything is fully combined.
- Now heat until it is bubbling, whisking frequently. Should take 3-5 minutes.
- Ladle into cups, this will fill 2 large cups or 4 small cups. Place vegan marshmallows on top, then torch with a long lighter or kitchen torch. Consume.