Slow cooker, red wine, jackfruit, veggies. Amazing!
I don’t know about you, but I love a good meal where the only effort I have to exert is to dump stuff into a pot and then sit down and watch The Golden Girls. Maybe while finishing the bottle of red wine I used in this recipe. So I have made this warm and comforting vegan slow cooker red wine braised jackfruit! Mimicking a braised short rib or pot roast, it is so GD amazing. You will never miss that meat! Just throw everything in a slow cooker and drink that wine. Or martini?
This recipe was inspired by us getting increasingly close to Fall! This is definitely the the way I plan to spend Fall, with warm and easy decadent meals! I have served this jackfruit with creamy mashed potatoes(featuring vegan butter of course) and polenta, creamy and fried. I was also thinking it would be amazing served over some wide noodles!
This recipe also inspired by all the kids going back to school! My daughter starts back to school on Monday, and damn if I don’t need more dump dinners! We are always way busier during the school year. My husband teaches fourth grade, so him and my daughter both start on the same day, and then we have constant s*#@t to do!
This vegan slow cooker red wine braised jackfruit can be dumped into the slow cooker before work and then when you return home, it can be be smashed and pulled apart. Then it is ready for dinner! Or, I like to do it on the weekends. Throwing it together in the afternoon, and having dinner ready for me in the evening!
The smell that will come out of your kitchen while the slow cooker is going is so mouth-wateringly amazing you may not be able to wait long to eat this insanely delicious meal! Now go get your slow cooker on!
Vegan Slow Cooker Red Wine Braised Jackfruit
- In a slow cooker, add the jackfruit, chopped carrots, sliced mushrooms and smashed garlic.
- Now add the tomato paste and agave, now pour the red wine and veggie broth over the veggies. Stir to combine and make sure the jackfruit is mostly covered by liquid.
- Add the bay leaves, thyme and a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8-9 hours.
- Once you are ready to serve, smash and pull apart the jackfruit to resemble a pot roast. Taste and adjust seasoning. Mine needed a lot of salt and a bit more pepper. Serve hot with mashed potatoes, polenta or noodles!