Vegan pumpkin cheesecake stuffed into French Toast, what more could you ask for?
So, I’m not saying this is an everyday breakfast or brunch, by any means. This is more of a special occasion or weekend brunch. However, it may say sound super indulgent, and definitely is, but is does happen to be vegan, and refined sugar free. Also, all you would have to do to make it gluten free is to use your favorite gluten free bread! Vegan pumpkin cheesecake stuffed french toast is now a thing, and you need it in your life!
I have been madly in love with stuffed french toast for some time now, I have tried peanut butter and jelly stuffed french toast and one with just a regular cheesecake filling. However, Fall calls to me, and asks for pumpkin everything!
This is incredibly easy, and takes no time at all. Just stir together a quick filling of vegan cream cheese, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Spread on one slice of bread, then top with another. Dip into the custard made of whatever non dairy milk you like, and pumpkin! Yes, in this recipe, pumpkin is the egg replacer. It works out beautifully and gives it an extra pumpkin flavor element! Top with some maple syrup and maybe coconut whipped cream! BOOM! So damn good you may want to cry!
Vegan pumpkin cheesecake stuffed french toast is the best thing ever! When you are feeling left out of all the non vegan pumpkin spice products this Fall, just whip up some of this french toast, and make everyone jealous of you!
Brunch just got a make over, and it is extraordinary! Treat yo’ self! Or you can treat your friends and family too, but you may not want to share! If you have never had stuffed french toast, get ready to FALL head over heels(pun intended) in love!
Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- First, make the cheesecake filling, by whipping together the vegan cream cheese, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla and spices. Whip together either with a whisk or hand mixer until fully combined. Place in the fridge while you make the rest.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk and pumpkin. Until fully combined. then add the maple syrup and spices. Whisk to combine.
- When ready, heat a griddle or pan on medium high, and spray with non stick spray.
- Now, spread one piece of bread with the pumpkin cheesecake mixture and top with another piece of bread.
- Dip into the almond milk and pumpkin mixture. Dip for a few seconds on one side, then flip over and dip the other side so both pieces of bread are soaked.
- Now place in the pan and cook until brown on one side 1-2 minutes, then flip and cook the other side. Repeat until you have made as many pieces as you like.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup and coconut whipped cream if you fancy that!