You can totally have this for breakfast. Ain’t life grand?!
Refined sugar free, moist and amazing vegan pumpkin bread topped with a pecan pie filling type situation. I can honestly say this vegan pumpkin pecan pie bread is one of the most amazing things you will eat this fall. A quick and easy vegan pumpkin bread, sweetened with just maple syrup, studded with pecans and topped with melty, gooey pecan pie stuff. It is so dreamy, this vegan pumpkin bread doesn’t last in my house.
Toast this bread for breakfast, and spread with vegan butter and a light drizzle of maple syrup and you will wonder how you lived with out this. This vegan pumpkin pecan pie bread is also sweet enough for a dessert, but you can’t feel bad about indulging in this vegan, refined sugar free beauty!
I think my favorite part about this bread is the pecan pie topping. You melt vegan butter, maple syrup and coconut sugar together with the pecans. Then pour this liquid gold onto the unbaked bread. Then, once it is baked, it forms a hard crispy pecan pie like crust on top of the bread. It is one of the most beautiful things in the world.
Tis the season for pumpkin bread, and this, my friend, is the best. It has literally everything I want in a sweet breakfast or a dessert. Moist and pumpkiny on the inside, crunchy and pecan piey top. Sweet and a little salty. Oh, yeah!
Vegan Pumpkin Pecan Pie Bread
- 1/2 Cup Vegan butter, room temperature (I used Earth Balance)
- 1/2 Cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin, canned
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups All purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Non dairy milk, I used Almond milk
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, roasted (chopped)
Pecan Pie Topping
- 3/4 Cup Pecans, roasted (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan butter
- 2 Tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup Coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Now with a hand mixer or a stand mixer, combine the room temperature vegan butter and maple syrup.
- Next, add in the pumpkin and vanilla. Continue mixing to fully combine.
- Then, in a separate mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Now, start adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, beginning to mix. Then, alternate mixing the dry ingredients and the non dairy milk into the wet ingredients. Until everything is fully combined.
- Next, add the 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the batter, and fold in.
- Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray, and scoop the batter into the loaf pan. Spread out evenly.
- Then, make the pecan pie topping. In a small skillet or pot, combine the chopped pecans, vegan butter, maple syrup, sugar and vanilla. Heat on medium low, stir and melt everything together.
- Let it heat for a minute, until it bubbles. Then remove from the heat, and pour it evenly over the whole top of the unbaked bread.
- Now bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and serve immediately, or save for later, toast it and spread with vegan butter and a drizzle of maple syrup!