I feel like during the fall, the sweet pumpkin recipes get all the attention. Pumpkin pie, cookies and bars have all the fun. However, I LOVE a savory pumpkin recipe and this vegan pumpkin alfredo gnocchi is the GREASTEST! A super simple, (almost) one pot, creamy pumpkin alfredo sauce tossed with browned vegan sausages and vegan gnocchi. The pumpkin cream sauce is actually made with tofu, so nut free people unite! This one is for you. The sauce is made with tofu, non-dairy milk and pumpkin puree. Blended together with salt and pepper, this sauce is creamy AF.
What You Need To Make This Pumpkin Gnocchi:
- Vegan Sausages: I like to use Beyond Spicy Italian Sausages.
- Garlic: To sauté with the sausages.
- Gnocchi: Vegan gnocchi of course. A lot of store bought gnocchi is accidentally vegan, or you can make your own.
- Tofu: This is to make the cream for the sauce, so you need silken or firm.
- Non-dairy milk, Pumpkin Puree, and Vegan Parmesan: To finish off the sauce!
- Vegetable Broth and Lemon Juice: To thin out and flavor the sauce.
- Sage and Thyme: To give the whole meal and nice fall feel.
This vegan pumpkin alfredo gnocchi is so warm and cozy. Even the leftovers get eaten right up in my house. They reheat really well and the sauce still tastes perfect and is still very creamy. This recipe is great to feed a crowd or it will leave you with a lot of leftovers, so I love that is it good for a few days! During the chilly months, I am so into quick and easy, one pot anything. However, I really love a one pot meal that has a protein AND a carb. This pumpkin alfredo dish is here to fill your tummy and your heart!
Why Should You Make This Gnocchi and Sausage Dish?
- It is almost one pot, all you do separately is blend the sauce.
- This is a nut-free cream sauce!
- This meal is so comforting it will warm you right up.
- If you have never tried a pumpkin Alfredo sauce before, this one takes the cake!
- There may be nothing better than gnocchi, sausage and a creamy sauce!
Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo Gnocchi
- 6 Ounces Silken or firm tofu
- 1 Cup Non-dairy milk, unsweetened I used oat milk
- 1 Cup Canned pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 14 Ounces Spicy vegan sausages, I used Spicy Italian Beyond sausages(sliced)
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 16 Ounces Gnocchi, vegan I used Gia Russa brand
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Sage, dried
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable broth(optional)
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Parmesan, I used Follow Your Heart
- 1-2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First make the pumpkin cream sauce. Add the tofu(you don't need to press it) to a blender, then add the non-dairy milk, pumpkin puree and a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Now, heat the olive oil on medium high in a large non-stick skillet. Add the sliced sausages and then sauté, reducing heat as needed, until the sausages are brown. About 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue sautéing for about 1 minute.
- Now, add the gnocchi, thyme and sage to the pan and sauté with the sausages and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the gnocchi is starting to brown.
- Then, pour in the pumpkin cream sauce you made. Toss with the gnocchi and sausages. Now, if your sauce is really thick, add the vegetable broth, if it is on the thinner side(it may be thinner if you used silken tofu, as opposed to firm), you can skip the broth.
- Then add the vegan Parmesan, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine everything and let the Parmesan melt.
- Let the gnocchi simmer in the sauce to finish cooking. Another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once the gnocchi is tender, taste and adjust seasonings. Serve with extra vegan Parmesan on top if desired.
[…] 9. Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo Gnocchi […]