Day Five of 12 Days of Vegan Christmas Cookies!
Okay guys, listen up. If you don’t try these vegan peanut butter snowballs you will be missing out some seriously yummy peanut buttery goodness. This simple no bake treat is easily one of the most addictive holiday time treats ever. Just whip everything together in one bowl. Roll into balls, chill and coat in all kinds of different awesome things. I like to coat in vegan white chocolate and chopped almonds. Or just roll in some powdered sugar. I can’t decide which version I like better! These are super sweet, so a little goes a long way.
What You Need For These Simple Peanut Butter Balls:
- Peanut Butter: Obviously!
- Powdered Sugar: For fluffy, sweet goodness.
- Melted Coconut Oil: This helps firm the snowballs up in the fridge.
- Maple Syrup, Vanilla and Salt: For a very necessary flavor addition!
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: For the perfect crunch addition!
- Some Non-dairy Milk: To thin out a bit and make them the right thickness.
- White Chocolate or Extra Powdered Sugar: To coat the outside of the snowballs.
So, in the midst of all of the 12 days of Christmas cookies testing I’ve been doing, I have made a lot of people try the cookies. These vegan peanut butter snowballs have consistently been the favorite. Whip up a batch to share with friends and family, and you will definitely see why. This recipe makes 2 dozen snowballs, so get ready to make a lot of people super happy!
Why Should You Make These Snowballs?
- No bake, which is of course amazing!
- Peanut butter is the best thing ever.
- Sweet and salty and so poppable.
- Very cute!
- The graham cracker crumbs make them taste almost peanut butter pie-like!
Throw these cute babies into all your holiday cookie tins or boxes. They seriously make all of them so much better and so much more adorable!
Vegan Peanut Butter Snowballs
- 2 1/2 Cups Vegan white chocolate, I used King David Brand
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered sugar, organic
- In a large mixing bowl, add the peanut butter and powdered sugar. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip together. Slowly at first so you don't get the powdered sugar everywhere. Whip until fully combined. It will be pretty crumbly at this point.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, non-dairy milk and vanilla. Then continue to whip to fully combine.
- Next add the salt and graham cracker crumbs. Mix again to combine.
- Now at this point if the mixture is still crumbly, add another tablespoon or so of non-dairy milk. The mixture should be firm, but creamy.
- Then, taking about 1 tablespoon of the mixture. Roll it into a ball in your hands and place on a baking sheet or flat surface lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all of the peanut butter mixture has been rolled into balls and placed on the parchment paper.
- Chill the peanut butter balls for 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Then pick your coating, either heat the white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each time. Until the white chocolate has melted. You should only need to do 2-3 intervals. Stir the coconut oil into the white chocolate until combined. Then dip each ball into the white chocolate to coat.
- Or add the powdered sugar to a bowl and toss the peanut butter balls in the powdered sugar.
- Chill for another hour at least before serving. Keep refrigerated.