This ultra creamy, easy, garlicky, salty vegan one pot garlic Parmesan pasta is mind-blowingly delicious. It is so out of control yummy, that I ate it three days in a row. Served with herby roasted mushrooms, I can’t think of much that is better than this. Carbs, cheeze, mushrooms, one pot, garlic. I mean, what more do you need?
What You Need For This One Pot Wonder:
- Olive Oil: To get the party started with all that garlic.
- Garlic: Of course, so much garlic!
- Shallot: Sautéed with the garlic to make this pasta extra amazing.
- Rosemary: Simmered in the sauce.
- Vegetable Broth and Non-Dairy Milk: These liquids combine and the pasta simmers in them to created the sauce and cook the pasta at the same time.
- Fettucine: This is my favorite pasta for this dish.
- Vegan Parmesan: I like to use Follow Your Heart brand.
- Mushrooms: I like to use a variety for roasting.
- Thyme: To roast with the herby mushrooms.
This vegan one pot garlic Parmesan pasta is almost fettucine Alfredo like, but much healthier. Creamy without cream, cheesy without cheese. Plus, my very favorite part, one pot. It is so cheesy, even my kid loves it. She has it without the mushrooms and opts for broccoli instead. Technically, if you make the herby mushrooms this is a one pot and one pan recipe. However, you can definitely skip the mushrooms if you really want to use just one pot. Sometimes I just serve the pasta with a side salad! If you love cheesy pasta, try my Vegan Creamy “Beef” and Shells!
Why Should You Make This Perfect Pasta?
- So easy, anyone can do it.
- One pot, and no need to cook the pasta first.
- Salty, garlicky, carbs.
- These mushrooms are bomb.
- Ready in 30 minutes or less!
Vegan One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 10 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 2 Sprigs Fresh rosemary
- 2 Cups Vegetable broth
- 1 Cup Non-dairy milk, unsweetened I used soy milk
- 8 Ounces Fettucine
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Parmesan, I used Follow Your Heart
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Herby Roasted Mushrooms
- 16 Ounces Mushrooms, sliced. I used baby bella and shiitake
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh rosemary, chopped
- If you are making the mushrooms, preheat the oven to 425 degrees(F).
- Put the mushrooms on a sheet pan, then drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Then add the thyme sprigs and rosemary. Toss everything to combine. Then spread out evenly on the sheet pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes, toss and then roast for another 8-10 or until the mushrooms are nice and brown.
- While the mushrooms are roasting, make the pasta. Heat the olive oil on medium high in a large, deep non-stick skillet.
- Add the garlic and shallot to the skillet. Sauté, reducing heat as needed until the shallot is translucent. About 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add the sprigs of rosemary, and toss to combine.
- Then pour in the vegetable broth and non-dairy milk and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat so the liquid is at a simmer( small bubbles).
- Add the fettucine and stir into the liquid.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, and making sure the the fettucine is as submerged in the liquid as much as possible, until the pasta is cooked. About 15-17 minutes.
- The liquid will thicken into a sauce. Remove the rosemary sprigs. If the pasta is a little dry when cooked add a splash more non-dairy milk.
- Then add the vegan Parmesan and stir to combine everything. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if needed, and I like to add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve with parsley and the roasted mushrooms on top.