I love a good pasta, but do you want to know what I love more? A one pot pasta! One that miraculously has a depth of flavor that will make it seem like it took forever. This vegan one pot creamy Brussels sprouts pasta is incredible. The liquid the pasta is cooked in makes a creamy sauce that will totally amaze you. Then that is tossed with crazy garlicky Brussels sprouts. This whole meal takes about 30 minutes and is 9 ingredients. Anyone can make this and everyone will love this!
The first step of this process is to saute the garlic and Brussels sprouts in a large pot that you can use to later cook the pasta. So saute the Brussels, remove them from the pot. Then add all the ingredients to the pot that will make the sauce. Then cook the pasta in the sauce, add the sprouts and garlic back to the pot and boom! Done, that’s it. It is shocking how much flavor you get out of these very few ingredients!
This is a great recipe for beginners, no scary instructions. No scary ingredients you’ve never heard of. Just very straight forward, easy comfort food. It is no less amazing for seasoned vegan chefs. I seriously need and endless supply of easy dinners. I’m so busy, that is basically all I can throw together these days. Something that uses one pot and is ready in a flash!
Brussels sprouts, lemon, garlic, creaminess. This vegan one pot creamy garlic Brussels sprouts pasta has all the good stuff. Make this once and you will make it again and again! This is also a great base recipe to use with any vegetables you have on hand. This would be perfection with mushrooms, broccoli, onions, peas, or honestly anything you need to use up that has been sitting in your fridge.
Vegan One Pot Creamy Garlic Brussels Sprouts Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 10 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Pound Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon juice, plus more to taste, divided
- 1/4 Cup Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- 1/4 Cup All purpose flour
- 2 Cups Vegetable broth
- 2 Cups Non dairy milk
- 10 Ounces Spaghetti
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil on medium high in a large pot. Add the garlic and Brussels sprouts. Saute for about 5 minutes, reducing heat as needed.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Then add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and toss to coat. Then reduce heat to medium low, cover the pot and let the Brussels sprouts cook for about 10 more minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts and garlic from the pot and put into a bowl. Set aside.
- Now, in the same pot, heat the vegan butter on medium high. Once it is melted, add the flour and whisk to combine. Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the vegetable broth, non-dairy milk and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine with the butter and flour, making sure there are no lumps.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then add the spaghetti. I like to break the spaghetti in half. Stir and press the spaghetti down into the liquid.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium just so the liquid is at a small bubble. Let simmer for about 8-10 minutes or until the spaghetti is done. Stir every few minutes, as the liquid starts to reduce, just continue to press the spaghetti down into the liquid as much as possible.
- Once the spaghetti is done, the liquid should be a nice thick sauce. Then add the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and another pinch of salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Now add the Brussels sprouts and garlic back to the pot and toss to combine everything. Heat for another 1-2 minutes. Serve with extra lemon juice and vegan Parmesan if desired.