These vegan Middle Eastern-Inspired roasted potatoes served with a cumin heavy, herby yogurt are the absolute greatest potatoes. Tossed in shawarma like spices and olive oil, then roasted to perfection. Loaded onto a bed of creamy, hummus and then topped with the yogurt sauce. This is a simple side dish or crumble a bit of tofu, soyrizo or chickpeas on top and have a whole incredible meal.
What You Need For These Perfectly Roasted Potatoes:
- Baby Potatoes: I recommend using baby golden potatoes.
- Olive Oil and Lemon Juice: These are drizzled over the potatoes first.
- Cumin, Coriander, Cardamom, Smoked Paprika, Cayenne: Then these are sprinkled over the potatoes and everything is tossed to coat.
- Garlic and Lemons: Quartered lemons and garlic are added to the sheet pan with the potatoes before roasting.
- Hummus: Any type of hummus will work. I just spread some in the bottom of a bowl and then top that with the potatoes.
- Vegan Greek Style Yogurt: Whisked with grated garlic, cumin and lemon juice. This is drizzled on top.
- Soyrizo, Tofu, Vegan Beef, Chickpeas: These are all optional protein toppings.
These vegan Middle Eastern-inspired roasted potatoes are amazing all on their own. However, you want to follow my suggestions, I would have to say, a bowl of hummus, topped with the potatoes, the vegan yogurt sauce and some soyrizo or vegan beef, is one of the greatest meals ever. I absolutely think you could serve this at a dinner party and everyone would be thoroughly impressed. They would never know this is one of the easiest things on the planet to make.
Why Should You Make Spiced Roasted Potatoes?
- These potatoes are so easy to make.
- Once you take a bite of hummus, potatoes and yogurt sauce, you’re mind will be blown.
- You can serve these potatoes as a side dish, or top them with a protein and have a whole meal.
- This Middle Eastern-Inspired spice mixture is incredible.
- Everyone will absolutely love these potatoes.
Vegan Middle Eastern-Inspired Roasted Potatoes
For The Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Hummus, whatever flavor you want
- Soyrizo, vegan beef, tofu, chickpeas, optional protein toppings
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees(F).
- Put the potatoes in a large mixing bowl. You want to cut them in half or if they are pretty large in quarters.
- Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over the potatoes and toss to coat them.
- Sprinkle all the spices over the potatoes and toss to coat them evenly in the spices.
- Pour the potatoes out onto a large sheet pan. Spread them out in a single layer, I try to start with most of the potatoes flat/cut side down.
- Sprinkle the chopped garlic over the potatoes and then spread out the lemon wedges evenly over the potatoes as well.
- Bake for 20 minutes, toss the potatoes and then bake for about 20 more minutes or until the potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- While the potatoes are roasting, make the yogurt sauce. Add all the sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Once the potatoes are done, serve with some of the hummus at the bottom of a bowl, top with some potatoes, then a protein of choice if desired and then drizzle the yogurt sauce on top! I like to squeeze the roasted lemons over the potatoes and then discard the lemons.