Ask anyone who knows me well, and they will tell you, I’m obsessed with vegan cheesecake. If I see one on any restaurant menu, I’ll order it in two seconds. This vegan mango lime cheesecake is truly one of the most flavorful and delicious cheesecakes I’ve had. It is the perfect tropical treat for the summer. It is simple to make and I don’t know if there is a person on the planet that won’t enjoy it.
What You Need For This Tropical Cheesecake:
- Vegan Graham Cracker Crumbs: For the crust.
- Cane Sugar: For the crust, the cheesecake and the lime curd.
- Vegan Butter: Melted it holds the graham cracker crumbs together and it goes into the curd to finish it off.
- Firm Tofu and Vegan Cream Cheese: These are the base of the cheesecake.
- Agave, Vanilla, Cornstarch, Flour and Mango Juice: These create the rest of the cheesecake filling.
- Lime Juice and Lime Zest: These as well as more vegan butter, sugar and cornstarch make the lime curd.
This vegan mango lime cheesecake has the most incredible graham cracker crust. A creamy, dreamy and shockingly amazing mango cheesecake, that no one will believe is vegan. A perfectly sweet and tangy lime curd that goes on top and makes this cheesecake even better! The cheesecake is made in a blender and while it bakes you can just make the lime curd. Then you just let the cheesecake cool and the lime curd cool at the same time. I made some coconut whipped cream to go on top. Added some chopped mango and lime zest as well. It’s a work of art and so so tasty!
Why Should You Make This Mango and Lime Dessert?
- This mango cheesecake is truly the best. Creamy, smooth and perfectly sweet.
- The lime curd is the most incredible tart topping for this sweet cheesecake.
- It is really easy to make!
- This is a must make summer dessert.
- It will definitely be one of the best things you’ve ever put in your mouth.
Vegan Mango Lime Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 Cups Graham cracker crumbs, vegan
- 1/4 Cup Organic cane sugar
- 1/3 Cup Vegan butter, melted (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 Block(15oz.) Firm tofu (not extra firm), drained
- 15-16 Oz Vegan cream cheese, I used Violife
- 1 Cup Organic cane sugar
- 1/2 Cup Agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/3 Cup All purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup Mango nectar(juice)+ more for blending if needed
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric(optional)
- 1 Cup Organic cane sugar
- 3 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 3/4 Cup Lime juice
- 1/4 Cup Vegan butter
- 2 teaspoon Lime zest
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees(F).
- Make the crust. Add the graham cracker crumbs to a large mixing bowl. Pour in the sugar and melted butter. Stir to combine and make sure the butter is evenly distributed.
- Pour the crumbs into a 10 inch springform pan. Spread out evenly and then press down with a cup or your hands until firmly packed.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Once the crust has baked for 5 minutes, remove it from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 375 degrees(F).
- Now, make the mango cheesecake. In a blender add the drained tofu, cream cheese, sugar, agave, vanilla, cornstarch, flour, mango juice and turmeric if using(this is just for color). Blend on high until completely smooth, it may take a few minutes. If it is not blending easily, add a little more mango juice until it blends easily.
- Pour the cheesecake over the graham cracker crust. Smooth out evenly and bang it on the counter to get any bubbles out.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Or until it is starting to set on the edges. The center will still be jiggly. It will firm as it cools.
- While the cheesecake bakes, make the lime curd. In a medium sized saucepan, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch. Make sure there are no lumps of cornstarch left.
- Pour the lime juice into the saucepan and whisk to fully combine. Again making sure there are no lumps of cornstarch.
- Heat the saucepan on medium. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Whisking constantly until the mixture gets very thick. It may take a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat, then add the vegan butter, lime zest and salt. Whisk until fully combined and the butter melts into the curd. Let cool completely.
- Once the cheesecake is done, let it cool for about 1 to 2 hours on the counter.
- Top the cheesecake with the lime curd, and smooth it out.
- Put the cheesecake in the fridge to chill completely for at least 6 hours. I usually chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, top with vegan coconut whipped topping, mango and lime zest if desired. Cut into slices and serve. Keep refrigerated when not eating.