These loaded fries are so good they will ruin you for all other fries.
French fries, BBQ sauce, Texas brisket rubbed mushrooms, jalapenos, and vegan cheese. No, you aren’t dreaming. This is real life, and all this can be yours. Vegan loaded Texas fries have arrived. This is a super easy recipe that can be made for dinner, a snack or perfect for any party! I am totally obsessed with loaded fries, and these take the cake.
While fries bake, mushrooms are sauteed with a quick and easy Texas brisket dry rub. The spices are things you may already have on hand, and make the mushrooms next level luscious! They then go on top of the fries with vegan cheese. Baked again to melty perfection. Topped with BBQ sauce and pickled jalapenos. These vegan loaded Texas fries will leave your mouth watering for more.
You can use any kind of fries you want, I used waffle cut, for maximum scoopage. I need some of all the toppings in every bite! Dip in more BBQ sauce or vegan ranch. Holy crap. It’s heaven!
I love pickled jalapenos for these loaded Texas fries, but, fresh ones would be delicious too! Some pickled red onions would be amazing on these fries as well. There is a lot of room for interpretation, but you have got to try the Texas brisket rubbed mushrooms. They are to die for!
Loaded fries= best fries. I promise these loaded fries are definitely the way to go. Simple and simply amazing!
Vegan Loaded Texas Fries
- 12 oz. Frozen fries, 1/2 a bag. I used waffle fries
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. Cumin
- 1/8 tsp. Coriander
- 1/8 tsp. Chipotle powder
- 1/3 C. Vegan cheese shreds, I used Follow your heart
- 1/4 C. BBQ sauce, whatever is your favorite
- 1/4 C. Pickled jalapenos
- Preheat your oven to the temperature that your bag of fries directs you to use. Then place half the bag of fries on to a sheet pan and bake according to the package directions.
- While the fries are baking, make the mushrooms. Chop the mushrooms pretty small.
- Now heat the olive oil on medium high in a non stick pan and add the mushrooms. Saute for a few minutes cooking the liquid out of the mushrooms, and begin to brown them. It will take a few minutes.
- While the mushrooms are sauteing, add all the spices to a small bowl and stir to combine. Then sprinkle the spices onto the mushrooms(use a little at a time, you may not need all of it depending on the size of your mushrooms), use as much as you want. Stir to coat the mushrooms in the spices. Cook for another minute or so, then remove from the heat.
- When the fries are pretty crispy and brown, remove from the oven, then top with the mushrooms, spreading them around, then top with the vegan cheese, spreading that around. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven, then drizzle with BBQ sauce and top with pickled jalapenos. And BOOM! Serve immediately.
I made these and loved them! However, I am not a fan of mushrooms so I substituted chorizo seitan.
Chorizo seitan sounds so amazing! Great idea!