It’s September which means my favorite season is almost here. Only a few more weeks until we are officially in fall. Cue all the pumpkin flavored everything and trips to Spirit Halloween. In the fall, I really crave big hearty bowls of all autumn goodness. So much texture and so flavorful. Bring on these vegan harvest bowls! The tofu has an incredible fall-inspired seasoning, like rosemary and thyme. Cloves, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon! Your whole house will smell amazing. The sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts are tossed with oil and maple syrup. They are roasted on the same sheet pan making this the easiest meal ever!
What You Need For These Yummy Bowls:
- Extra Firm Tofu: You need extra firm tofu, pressed, so that is gets as firm and crispy on the outside as possible.
- Rosemary and Thyme: These are the fresh herbs you need for the tofu.
- Cane Sugar, Cloves, Allspice, Nutmeg, and Cinnamon: These are the dry spices you need for the tofu, along with salt and pepper.
- Garlic and Olive Oil: To toss with the tofu before roasting.
- Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts: These are my favorite fall veggies to use, but you can pick different veggies if you want.
- Maple Syrup: To toss the veggies in.
- Apple Cider Vinegar, Vegan Mayo and Dijon Mustard: Whisked with maple syrup as well, these make the sauce to drizzle on top of your bowls.
- Brown Rice or Quinoa: For serving.
To make your vegan harvest bowls, you put some piping hot and steamy brown rice or quinoa (or other grain of your choosing) into a bowl. Then top with the roasted maple sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts, the fall seasoned tofu, then drizzle with the maple Dijon dressing. Then sprinkle on whatever you want to finish it off. I always opt for sliced almonds, dried cranberries, steamed kale and some vegan feta. Vegan goat cheese would be great too. But, you choose what works and sounds delicious to you!
Why Should You Make This Comforting Fall Meal?
- The main components are made all on one sheet pan!
- These bowls are astoundingly delicious.
- It will make your house smell like fall!
- If you are looking for something comforting but still healthy, this is for you.
- This meal is gluten-free too!
- These bowls are perfect for portion meal prepping and leftovers.
Vegan Harvest Bowls
For the Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Large Sweet potato, diced
- 1 Pound(16oz.) Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
For the Tofu
- 1 Block(15oz.) Extra firm tofu, drained and pressed*
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 8 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Cloves
- Pinch of Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme, just the leaves
For the Maple Dijon Dressing
- 1/4 Cup Vegan mayo, I used Hellman's
- 1/4 Cup Maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
For the Bowls
- Brown rice or quinoa
- Steamed kale
- Dried cranberries
- Sliced almonds
- Vegan feta
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees(F).
- In a large bowl, add the sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts.
- Drizzle them with the olive oil and maple syrup. Then sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Pour them onto one side of a large sheet pan and spread them out evenly, leaving the other side of the sheet pan open for the tofu. Set aside.
- Then cut the tofu into cubes and put in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, then add in the garlic, sugar, all the dried spices and the fresh herbs. Toss to coat them tofu evenly. Then pour the tofu onto the other side of the sheet pan. I like to put a small piece of parchment paper on that side of the sheet pan so the tofu doesn't stick.
- Spread the tofu out evenly. Then roast the tofu and vegetables for 15 minutes. Remove them from the oven and toss them. Then roast for 15 to 20 more minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the tofu is firm and brown.
- While the tofu and vegetables are roasting, make the dressing. Whisk together the vegan mayo, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard until totally smooth. Put in the fridge until ready to serve.
- At this point you can make rice or quinoa, whichever you want to make for your bowls.
- Once the tofu and vegetables are done, make your bowls.
- Put the rice or quinoa into a bowl, top with the tofu and vegetables, then drizzle with the dressing. Top with whatever toppings you want!