These are so good, you may cry.
OMG. OMG. These vegan garlic ranch seitan wings are AHHHHMAZING! The easiest 4 ingredient seitan, that is totally foolproof. Crisped up and tossed in a spicy garlic ranch sauce! I want to eat these every day! This really quick seitan dough is combined. Then you just break little pieces off. Boil them for 30 minutes. Then brown in a pan and toss with this super awesome sauce!
Even if you have never made seitan before, you probably can’t mess these seitan wings up. You can use this very easy recipe to make all kinds of wings. You can toss them in whatever sauce you want. A classic buffalo would be amazing!
These vegan garlic ranch seitan wings are the perfect party food. You can make the seitan wings ahead of time. Put them in the fridge and the day you want to serve them, you can brown them until crispy in a pan. Then make the sauce, toss and they are ready.
These vegan seitan wings are the perfect texture. They are really nice and firm and get crispy on the outside, but they are still tender and moist. This is a really great recipe to memorize and throw together. The recipe for the wings is so simple you can really make it any time! I hope ya’ll love these wings as much as I do, well I hope you love anything as much as I love food!
Vegan Garlic Ranch Seitan Wings
- 2 Cups Vital wheat gluten
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Vegetable broth
Garlic Ranch Wing Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- 1/3 Cup Hot sauce, I used Frank's
- 6 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Agave syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley, dried
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dill, dried
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion powder
For the Wings
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil for browning
- Any dipping sauce you may want, I recommend vegan ranch!
- Start by making the seitan wings. In a large mixing bowl, add the vital wheat gluten, garlic powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Then pour about half the vegetable broth into the mixing bowl and start to stir to combine. Then add the rest of the vegetable broth. Continue to stir and when it gets hard to stir, begin to knead with your hands.
- Knead until everything comes together and forms a dough ball. If there is a little bit of dry ingredients let in the bottom of the bowl that is fine!
- Next, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Then break the seitan dough ball up into little pieces. They will puff up once cooked, so you want pretty small pieces. Add all the little pieces to the boiling water.
- Stir the seitan pieces and boil them for 30 minutes. Stirring every few minutes.
- Once the seitan pieces have been cooked for 30 minutes, drain the pot and let the seitan cool enough to handle.
- Next, take each small piece of seitan and squeeze as much water out of it as you can.
- Now, if you want firmer wings, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Then place the wings on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray, or brushed with olive oil. Then bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Or until nice and firm and brown.
- If you want them a little more tender, heat the olive oil on medium high in a non stick skillet and add the pieces of seitan to the pan. Brown all the seitan on each side for a few minutes, reducing heat as needed, until each piece of seitan is completely brown and crispy on the outside.
- Remove the seitan from the pan and set aside. Then use the skillet to make the sauce.
- Add the vegan butter to the skillet and heat on medium low. Melt the butter, then add the hot sauce, fresh garlic and agave. Stir to combine. Simmer for a minute to cook the garlic, then add the parsley, dill, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir to combine.
- Then add the seitan to the skillet and toss in the sauce, coating them completely. Cook for another minute, then remove from heat and serve!