Ahh, the eggplant Parmesan. Once the only dish I was offered as a non-meat eater at weddings. It is boring, no more! This absolute gem is a vegan eggplant Parmesan sheet pan pizza. Super easy, super delicious. When I thought about this idea, I realized, I didn’t want to just put slices of eggplant on top of a pizza. So, I came up with the most delicious Italian flavored eggplant spread/dip. Roasted eggplant, onions, garlic and tomatoes are pureed with a few other yummy morsels.
What You Need For This Sheet Pan Pizza:
- Eggplant: You need a medium eggplant cut into cubes.
- Grape Tomatoes: You need a pint of them to roast with the eggplant.
- Onion and Garlic: Because all good things start with onion and garlic.
- Thyme, Olive Oil, Tomato Paste, Lemon Juice, Balsamic, Agave or Sugar, Red Pepper, Basil and Oregano: These are used in the eggplant puree.
- Pizza Dough: Store bought or homemade, pretty much all pizza dough I’ve seen is vegan.
- Pizza Sauce: Also homemade or store bought.
- Vegan Mozzarella and Parmesan: I used Violife and Follow Your Heart.
- Fresh Basil: For topping the pizza at the end.
Once you make your eggplant puree, you press your dough out on to a sheet pan, then spread your pizza sauce, spread your eggplant puree, and put you cheese on top. Bake at a super high temperature to get it nice and crispy. Then top with fresh basil and cut into squares. It is so freaking good.
Why Should You Make This Pizza?
- This sheet pan pizza will feed a crowd.
- It is so comforting and perfect for the cool weather.
- It is hands down the best version of eggplant Parmesan I’ve ever had.
- Super simple and you can do the prep work ahead of time and then just bake the pizza right before you want to serve it.
- A lot of hidden veggies, but still kid approved!
Vegan Eggplant Parmesan Sheet Pan Pizza
- 1 medium Eggplant, cut into cubes
- 1 Pint Grape tomatoes
- 1 Sweet onion, chopped
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Agave or sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil, dried
- Pinch of Red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2-2 Pounds Pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 1 Cup Pizza sauce, homemade or store bought
- 8 Ounces Vegan Mozzarella, I used Violife
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Parmesan, I used Follow Your Heart
- Fresh basil for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees(F).
- Put the cubed eggplant, grape tomatoes, onions, garlic and thyme on a large sheet pan.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to coat the veggies. Roast them for 40-45 minutes or until they are soft and starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven, then turn the oven up to 450 degrees(F).
- Let the veggies cool for a few minutes, then remove the thyme sprigs and add everything else to a food processor.
- Then add the tomato paste, lemon juice, balsamic, agave or sugar, oregano, basil, red pepper and a pinch of salt to the food processor.
- Pulse the food processor until the puree is smooth, but still has a little texture.
- Now, press your pizza dough out evenly on to an oiled sheet pan, I just use the same sheet pan I roasted the veggies on. I put 1 1/2-2 pounds of dough, this will just depend on how thick you want your pizza.
- Now, spread the pizza sauce out evenly on the dough. Then top that with the eggplant puree and spread that out. Top that with the vegan cheeses.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the dough is brown and the cheese is as melted as it can get.
- Remove from the oven, top with fresh basil and more red pepper if desired. Cut into to squares and serve!