This may be ambitious, but I have decided to do 12 days of vegan Christmas cookies. This is my day one entry, vegan eggnog cookies! I will be posting other recipes in the next few weeks, not just cookies. However, I will be posting 12 individual cookie recipes, and when they are all finished, I will post a quick reference guide so that you can easily find all of them! I think this is a perfect start, these warm spiced cookies with the best dang vegan frosting ever on top are so festive and delicious, you will be glad this recipe makes 3 dozen cookies so you can share with all your loved ones.
Super simple and perfectly light and fluffy, these cookies taste exactly like biting into eggnog, and it is awesome! I am really excited about adding these to my Christmas cookie repertoire. I have a big list of cookies to make, but I picked these to do first because I was so excited about this idea. I have a seen a lot of vegan eggnog lately, so I realized how popular it was becoming. So, I think you will find it pretty readily available at any store. It made a perfect replacement for the nut milks I usually put into my baked goods.
A bit of extra spice in the batter and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top, make these the ultimate holiday cookie. I don’t know about you, but I am definitely getting in the holiday spirit. It is starting to get super cold outside and I freakin’ love it.
I hope you enjoy day one of my 12 Days of Vegan Christmas Cookies! I have a lot more great ideas coming at you!
Vegan Eggnog Cookies
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 12
- Yield: 36 Cookies
- Category: Dessert
- 2 1/4 c All purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 c Vegan butter, I use Earth Balance
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/2 c Brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. Flax meal
- 6 tbsp. Water
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 c Vegan Eggnog, I used Califia Farms
- 1/2 c Vegan butter
- 1/2 c Vegetable shortening
- 3 c Powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. Vegan eggnog
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients. The flour, spices, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the vegan butter and sugars.
- In a little bowl, mix together the flax meal and water to make flax eggs. Let sit for a minute, then add to the sugar mixture. Add the vanilla and vegan eggnog.
- Start adding the dry ingredients to the wet slowly, mixing each time until fully incorporated.
- Place small scoops of cookie dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, in a medium mixing bowl, make the frosting. Add the vegan butter and shortening to the bowl and whip, add the powdered sugar, then the eggnog, vanilla and salt. Whip until fluffy about a minute or two.
- Let the cookies cool completely, and then spread with frosting and enjoy!