I may have out done myself with my incredible sandwich game this time. I slathered hoagie rolls with garlic parsley butter and toasted. Then filled them with the best chopped Greek salad with vegan crispy “chicken”. These vegan chopped Greek salad sandwiches will cause pure delight! Plus they are super simple, can be thrown together in a few minutes. The best lazy lunch or dinner. This recipe will make 4 sandwiches, so you can serve them up for dinner or save for lunches.
What You Need For These Incredibly Delicious Sandwiches:
- Romaine Lettuce: You want two heads of lettuce.
- Tomatoes: Fresh or sun-dried, I used sun-dried because I don’t like fresh.
- Cucumber: Preferably English cucumbers.
- Red Onion, Kalamata Olives, Parsley: These are the rest of the veggies.
- Vegan Feta: I used Follow Your Heart brand.
- Vegan Chicken: I used Gardein.
- Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar: To start the dressing.
- Garlic, Oregano and Agave: You can also use cane sugar.
- Hoagie rolls: Most are already vegan, but just double check.
When I was a kid, my mom used to make really good sub sandwiches. She would chop everything up and make her own olive oil and vinegar based sauce. These vegan chopped Greek salad sandwiches remind me of those. They are so yummy, super fast, extra comforting and really unique. The chopped salad is irresistible on its own. Fill up some warmed up bread with the salad and prepare to be amazed.
Why Should You Make These Greek Subs?
- I think a better question is, why shouldn’t you?
- They are fast to make and very filling.
- I’m not sure there is a word for how yummy they are.
- I added vegan chicken, but you can switch up the protein or just use veggies.
- Super fun to make!
Vegan Chopped Greek Salad Sandwiches
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, make the dressing. Add all the ingredients to the bowl and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set aside.
- Now, finely chop the romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives and parsley.
- Cook the vegan chicken according to package directions.
- Then finely chop the vegan chicken.
- Mix everything together on a large cutting board. Then I like to chop everything again all together to make sure everything is super finely chopped.
- Put the salad mix into a large mixing bowl, pour the vegan feta into the bowl.
- Whisk the dressing again, if it has separated and then pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine and evenly coat the salad in the dressing.
- Now, either toast or warm up the bread if desired. Load the roll up with the salad and enjoy!