I may currently have a problem with how much I love soy curls! I have been buying 3 bags at a time and using them in everything. They are so cheap, so easy and crazy yummy. I have loved every soy curl dish my husband and I have made. However, this vegan Cajun soy curls with garlic butter creamed corn takes the cake, it takes all the cakes. Soy curls soaked then cooked in vegan butter, with garlic, Cajun seasonings, veggie broth, coconut cream for a little creaminess and a good amount of hot sauce. You won’t be able to stop eating them!
The soy curls are served over the creamiest, sweet and salty, garlicky good, creamed corn. I recommend using corn you cut straight off the cob. Puree all of it but a cup. Then simmer that with vegan butter, lots of garlic, plant milk and the whole corn kernels. You add corn starch to thicken it up and it is so dang incredible. I am always amazed by what flavors you can get out of simple plant based ingredients!
Extra hot sauce on top of this vegan Cajun soy curls with garlic butter creamed corn is a must! If you don’t really like spicy food, you can skip that step. The soy curls themselves aren’t very spicy. Eating them with the sweet corn helps cut the heat too. Corn is perfect right now, and this perfect late summer dinner really needs to go down before summer is over.
This is a dish you can make all year round, you can use canned corn for it. There is just something about fresh corn that makes this meal even more out of control amazing than it already was. If you have never used soy curls before, this is a great place to start. They are so easy to use. They just need to soak for 10 minutes. Then just like tofu, you can season them however you want! The texture is my favorite. They can be used in place of chicken or beef! Do you love soy curls? Try my Vegan Crispy Citrus Soy Curls
Vegan Cajun Soy Curls with Garlic Butter Creamed Corn
Vegan Garlic Butter Creamed Corn
- 6 Ears of Corn
- 6 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Cup Non-dairy milk, unsweetened I used soy milk
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Vegan Cajun Soy Curls
- 8 Ounces Soy curls, I used Butler's(soaked/drained according to pkg. directions.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vegan butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning*
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 Cup Vegetable broth
- 1/4 Cup Full fat coconut milk
- Dash of Hot sauce, plus more for serving(optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roasted tomatoes for serving(optional)**
- Start by cutting the corn off of the cobs into a bowl. Save a cup of the corn kernels and set them aside. Add the rest of the corn to a blender or food processor.
- Pulse the corn a few times until it is almost smooth, but has a little texture left. Pour the blended corn into a large non-stick skillet or pot. Heat on medium high.
- Add the garlic and stir to combine. Simmer for a minute, then whisk the cornstarch into the milk. Pour the milk into the corn and whisk to combine.
- Let simmer for a few minutes, whisking occasionally and reducing heat as needed until the mixture has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Then add the reserved whole corn kernels and the vegan butter. Stir and reduce heat to low, let the butter melt and stir in. Leave on low to thicken slightly more and stay hot while you make the soy curls.
- Make the soy curls in a separate large non-stick skillet. Heat the olive oil and vegan butter on medium high. Once the butter has melted, add the garlic and saute for a minute.
- Then add the soy curls that have been soaked and drained. Saute, reducing heat as needed for 3-5 minutes or until the soy curls have browned.
- Sprinkle the soy curls with the Cajun seasoning, paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Then pour in the vegetable broth, coconut milk, and a few dashes of hot sauce. Stir to combine and simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings. You may need more Cajun seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Serve a bowl of creamed corn with soy curls over the top and extra hot sauce and roasted tomatoes if desired.