When I was a kid, I think my favorite thing about having people over for the holidays was all the snack mixes. My mom made, friends and family made to bring over. This vegan buffalo ranch snack mix is truly holiday feast worthy. It will keep everyone happy while you finish up the main meal and literally everyone will want to make their own. I love a sweet snack mix like muddy buddies too, but, man this is addictive. Crackers, chex cereal, pretzels and nuts are tossed in ranch seasoning, butter and hot sauce and then baked. You will find yourself in a non-stop snack shesh.
What You Need For This Vegan Snack Mix:
- Crackers, Pretzels, Rice Chex, Peanuts: This is the mix I use, but you can definitely swap these for your favorite crunchy snacks.
- Vegan Butter and Hot Sauce: Melted vegan butter and hot sauce are mixed together and then poured over the snack mix.
- Parsley, Chives, Dill, Paprika, Garlic and Onion Powder: These are the seasoning that I use for my ranch flavoring.
- Vegan Parmesan: I used Follow Your Heart.
- Dried onions: For an added onion flavor and a nice crunchy texture.
The other day, I started eating this vegan buffalo ranch snack mix with the idea of just…taste testing…one last time. Before I knew it, I had eaten half of this snack mix. It is very hard to stop eating. I wanted to give your guys one last Christmas-inspired recipe before the big day. I decided on the easiest appetizer/snack on the planet that also happens to be the most delicious.
Why Should You Make This Buffalo Ranch Treat?
- This mix takes 5 minutes to throw together!
- It is the most delicious snack mix of all time.
- This recipe makes a lot, so it is perfect for holiday parties or all parties.
- Vegan Buffalo Ranch flavored? Heck yes!
- It makes the perfect treat to give to all your neighbors. They’ll really love you after sharing this with them!
Vegan Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix
- 1 Sleeve Crackers, vegan
- 2 Cups Corn or Rice chex type cereal, vegan*
- 2 Cups Pretzels
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts, roasted and salted
- 8 Tablespoons Vegan butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Hot sauce, I used Franks
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Chives
- 2 teaspoons Dried Dill
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoons Dried or dehydrated onions
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Parmesan
- A few pinches Salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees(F).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the crackers, pretzels, chex and peanuts.
- In a small bowl, melt the vegan butter and then pour the hot sauce into the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the melted vegan butter and hot sauce over the snack mix.
- Toss to coat everything.
- Sprinkle the parsley, chives, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika over the snack mix and then toss to evenly coat everything in the spices.
- Now sprinkle the dried onions, vegan Parmesan and salt over the snack mix and toss to coat.
- Spread the snack mix out evenly on a large sheet pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, flipping half way through baking, or until the snack mix is crispy. It will firm up a little more as it cools.
- Let cool completely, serve. You can also make this a day or two ahead of serving and keep in a airproof container.