It only takes 10 minutes for you to be in food heaven!
Oh creamy, melty, smooth, hot, dreamy vegan beer cheese dip. Where have you been all my life? Waiting to be discovered I suppose. I have been on a mission recently to make the PERFECT substitute for a beer cheese dip. Now is the time for some fall parties and lots of family get togethers are coming. It took me a few tries, and took me completely starting over with my ideas, but here I think we have the best replacement for a fondue like beer cheese dip.
Dipping in soft pretzels, or crackers or chips! Using to top a veggie dog, making beer cheese nachos, mixing with chili to make a chili cheese dip. The possibilities are endless, and it all starts with the easiest vegan cheese dip ever. It legit takes 10 minutes, stays melty long after you make it, making it perfect to sit out for a party.
The entire recipe is just whisking ingredients together in a pot and heating until thick. That is it. Done. I enjoy making my own vegan pretzels, but a lot of store bought ones are already vegan. So just check out packages and find the ones you love!
My husband said he was going to make this beer cheese dip for his next work potluck and not tell anyone it is vegan and see if they can tell. I consider that an amazing complement, especially coming from him, I trust his palette! It made me feel even more confident that this is the BEST!
There are so many reasons to make this vegan beer cheese dip. You can also feel good about it as there are only about 100 calories in the entire batch of dip. I don’t like to count calories, but I felt like that was worth mentioning the difference between this vegan dip and a regular cheese dip which normally comes in at 400-500 calories in ONE serving. Just sayin’.
Vegan Beer Cheese Dip
- In a medium sized sauce pan, whisk together the almond milk, beer and water. Heat on medium high.
- Now whisk in the apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, turmeric and salt.
- Bring to a simmer, reducing heat as needed. Simmer for about 5 minutes to heat and cook the beer a bit.
- Now whisk in the tapioca starch. Whisk until the tapioca starch is fully incorporated. Make sure there are no clumps. Continue whisking and simmering until the cheese dip has thickened. It may take a few more minutes.
- Serve immediately with pretzels, crackers or chips. Or whatever you want, really.