In honor of my NEW BOOK that was released yesterday, I decided to post one of my favorite desserts from the book for you all to enjoy and get a sample of what is in the book. This vegan banana bread cobbler is one of my favorite desserts of all time. A fun and unique take on a classic cobbler, this dessert will change your whole existence. You’ll enjoy three layers of delicious goodness. Dive into a buttery, cinnamon nutmeg spiced cobbler, with a layer of sliced bananas on top. The final layer is a delicious caramelized oat and pecan crumble. The marriage between banana bread and cobbler is divine. Top it with some vegan ice cream and you’re all set!
Let’s talk a little more about my new book Delicious AF Vegan! 100 brand new comfort food recipes. I’m in love with every single one of the recipes in this book. You’ll get incredible breakfasts, one pot meals, pasta dishes, veggie centric comfort food, party foods, a holiday chapter, cozy main meals, and the best desserts. Including this banana bread cobbler.
What You Need For This Vegan Cobbler:
- Flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg: These make up the dry ingredients for the base of the cobbler.
- Non-dairy Milk, Vanilla, Vegan butter: To finish up the base.
- Fresh Bananas: Sliced and layered on top of the base.
- Brown sugar, Oats, Pecans: Mixed with flour, cinnamon and some coconut oil or more butter, these create the cobbler topping.
This vegan banana bread cobbler is honestly the most comforting and tasty dessert ever. It is the perfect thing for fall, it has all those cozy spices. However, it is also great the rest of the year too! I’m pretty sure after you try this, you’ll want to go get your own copy of Delicious AF Vegan! That way you can enjoy the other 99 perfect recipes that are in the book.
Vegan Banana Bread Cobbler
For The Base
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees(F).
- Make the base for the cobbler first. In a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, sift the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the cane sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Using the paddle attachment of the stand mixer, or a hand mixer, slowly add the non-dairy milk to the dry ingredients, beating together the whole time.
- Then add the vegan butter and vanilla. Continue beating the batter together until fully combined. About 1-2 minutes. There may be a few lumps of butter, that’s fine.
- Pour the batter into a 8×8 or 9×9 inch baking dish that is greased. I use vegan butter for that. Smooth out evenly with rubber spatula.
- Spread the sliced bananas out evenly on top of the batter.
- Make the topping. In a large mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, baking powder, oats, cinnamon, salt and pecans.
- Add the coconut oil or vegan butter and using a fork or your fingers press and pinch the oil or butter into the dry ingredients until it has a crumbly texture. It should hold together if you pinch it but be in large pieces.
- Spread the crumble over the bananas in the baking dish. Spread out evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve with vegan ice cream if desired. I like to serve the cobbler warm!