This spaghetti is more comforting than a fuzzy sweater.
Picture it. It is cold. It is rainy. Possibly snowing. You need stick to your ribs, wrap you in a warm hug, comfort food. This vegan spaghetti pie will definitely do the trick. It is incredibly simple and totally easy to customize. You can add whatever veggies you want to this baked spaghetti. Top with whatever sauce and cheese you want, then bake until bubbly and delish!
This baked spaghetti is so simple and perfect. You just need to make a vegan ricotta, mix it with reserved pasta water, veggies, the spaghetti and bake topped with marinara sauce and vegan cheese! It is incredible, family friendly and can be made ahead of time.
This simple vegan baked spaghetti will be a new go to cold weather meal. I am so in love with my super easy vegan ricotta recipe. I make this all the time and add it to so many things. Traditionally baked spaghetti or spaghetti pie is ricotta mixed with eggs. I think that using the reserved pasta water to replace the eggs works perfectly!
This vegan baked spaghetti makes everything better. The best things in life are super simple and sublimely delicious. This is low effort, 10 ingredients, and something literally everyone will love!
Vegan Baked Spaghetti
- 16 oz. Spaghetti
- 1 Block(15oz.) Extra firm tofu
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional yeast
- 4 Tablespoons Olive oil, divided
- 1/4 Cup Lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Black pepper
- 2/3 Cup Reserved pasta water
- 10 Ounces Mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Marinara sauce, I used Trader Joe's brand
- 1 Cup Vegan Mozzarella style cheese, I used Follow Your Heart
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, cook just until al dente (about 6 minutes) so it doesn't over cook in the oven. Make sure to reserve 2/3 a cup of the pasta water before draining. Drain the rest of the water when the pasta is done.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, make vegan ricotta. Squeeze some of the liquid out of the tofu. I just squeeze it over the sink for a minute. Then break it up into chunks and add it to a blender or food processor.
- Then add in the garlic, nutritional yeast, 3 Tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pulse everything together until it is smooth but still has a little bit of texture and looks like ricotta. Scrap down sides as needed. Set aside.
- Now in a non stick or cast iron pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium high. Add the mushrooms. Saute, reducing heat as needed until the mushrooms are a bit brown. About 5 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Now, in a large mixing bowl, or the large pot you cooked the pasta in, whisk together the vegan ricotta and the reserved pasta water. It will thin it out nicely.
- Then stir in the mushrooms. Then fold in the spaghetti. Toss and make sure all of the pasta is coated in the vegan ricotta mixture.
- Next, push all of the spaghetti into a baking dish. Spread the marinara sauce evenly over the top, then spread vegan cheese over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and everything is hot and bubbly. Serve immediately!