How do I get my protein? Silly non-vegans, it’s so easy. These are the best vegan cottage cheese breakfast bowls! I made a sweet version and a savory version. The cottage cheese is so easy to make, and then you just top that with your choice of toppings. Cottage cheese has been really popular recently and why should us vegans or anyone that is lactose intolerant miss out? Well, we shouldn’t and these hearty breakfast bowls will show you a delicious way to get your protein. I am really trying to eat better breakfasts that will keep me fuller, longer and this is definitely the way to go.
What Do You Need For These Breakfast Bowls:
- Silken and Extra Firm Tofu: These are to create the two different textures in the cottage cheese but still gives you all that protein.
- Vegan Yogurt: This is optional, but I add it to the silken tofu when blending.
- Lemon Juice, Salt and Agave Syrup: To flavor the “cottage cheese”.
- Topping: Berries, oats, graham crackers for the sweet, cucumber, olives, tomatoes, spinach, vegan eggs and bacon for the savory.
The sweet option I made for these vegan cottage cheese breakfast bowls is peach berry matcha crumble. The savory option is a Greek-inspired bowl made with spinach, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, vegan egg and vegan bacon! They are both outrageously delicious and are both incredible options. It all depends on whether you are more of a sweet or savory breakfast person. These are pretty much no cooking breakfasts. The crumble option has no cooking at all and the Greek option only has cooking involved if you want some vegan bacon or sausage.
Why Should You Make This Hearty Plant-Based Breakfast?
- They are super fast and easy to make.
- Perfect for meal prep, the cottage cheese can keep in the fridge for a while.
- This cottage cheese can be used anywhere you want to replace regular cottage cheese with a plant-based option.
- Both this sweet and savory option is incredible.
- You can top this cottage cheese with anything you want!
The Best Vegan Cottage Cheese Bowls
Vegan Cottage Cheese
Greek Inspired Breakfast Bowls
- 1 Cup Baby spinach
- 1/4 Cup Cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Sun-dried or cherry tomatoes
- 2-4 Vegan eggs(hard boiled or scrambled) I used Wunder Eggs
- 2-4 Slices Vegan Bacon, I used Hooray Foods brand
- Herbs and red pepper flakes for topping
Matcha Berry Peach Crumble
- 1 Peaches,sliced
- 1 Cup Mixed berries
- 1/2 Cup Graham cracker crumbs, vegan
- 1/4 Cup Oats
- 1 Tablespoon Maple syrup or agave
- 1-2 teaspoons Matcha powder*
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan butter, melted
- Start by making the vegan cottage cheese. Add the silken tofu, vegan yogurt(this is optional, but I like how creamy and tangy it makes it), lemon juice, salt and agave to a food processor. Blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Now, take the extra firm tofu and squeeze some of the liquid out of it over the sink. Then put it in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Smash the extra firm tofu with a fork into small "curds".
- Pour the blended silken tofu mixture into the bowl with the smashed tofu. Fold to combine. Now you have vegan cottage cheese! Save for later, or make some breakfast bowls.
- For the Greek inspired bowls, divide the cottage cheese into 4 bowls and then top evenly with the spinach, cucumber, olives, tomatoes, "eggs", "bacon", herbs and red pepper flakes. Or make just one bowl and sprinkle about 1/4 of everything on top.
- For the matcha berry peach crumble option, divide the cottage cheese into 4 bowls, top evenly with berries and peaches.
- Then in a small mixing bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, oats, maple syrup, matcha, salt and vegan butter.
- Sprinkle the matcha crumble mixture over the top of the berries and cottage cheese. Or make one bowl and use about 1/4 of everything!