This post is sponsored by Haven’s Kitchen! I never use ingredients I don’t love, and I love Haven’s Kitchen sauces!
These are the best miso tahini roasted sweet potatoes of all time. Served with crispy rice, this easy, healthy(ish), hearty meal, is of course vegan as always. All you need to do is toss sweet potato wedges in the most delicious sauce. Roast them until they are tender and golden brown. While they roast, you crisp up some rice in a pan. Then serve it all together with extra sauce on top. It is one of the best meals I have had in recent memory.
What You Need For These Incredible Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
- Sweet Potatoes: I guess this one is pretty obvious.
- Haven’s Kitchen Gingery Miso Sauce: You can replace this with just miso paste and extra vinegar, but I highly recommend this sauce!
- Tahini: This makes the sauce so creamy and delicious.
- Rice Wine Vinegar, Agave and Sesame Seeds: These are added to the sauce for the sweet potatoes.
- Rice, Vegan Yogurt and Vegan Butter: These are to make the crispy rice that I serve with it!
Every fall I remember how obsessed with sweet potatoes I am. These miso tahini roasted sweet potatoes are so dang good. This is healthy comfort food at its finest! The crispy rice goes so well with the sweet potatoes and the sauce, it is honestly restaurant worthy. However it is easy enough for someone who has never cooked before to make. You may also discover if you didn’t already know, that miso and tahini is one of your favorite flavor combinations!
Why Should You Make This Fall Friendly Meal?
- It is so incredibly easy.
- The miso tahini sauce is so good I could drink it!
- The crispy rice and sweet potatoes together are amazing.
- This is healthy comfort food in all its glory.
- A must make this fall!
The Best Miso Tahini Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 1/2 Cups Cooked rice
- 2 Tablespoons Plain vegan yogurt, I used Kite Hill
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan butter, I used Country crock plant butter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees(F).
- Cut the sweet potatoes. Then, in a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, tahini, gingery miso sauce, rice wine vinegar, salt, sesame seeds, water and agave. Whisk to combine.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the bowl and then toss them in the sauce to thoroughly coat them. Then pour them on to a sheet pan that is sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for about 15 minutes, then toss the sweet potatoes and then continue to roast them for 15 to 25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are very tender and golden brown.
- While the sweet potatoes roast, make the crispy rice. Stir 1 cup of cooked rice with the vegan yogurt.
- Melt the vegan butter in a non-stick skillet on medium high. Then add the rice stirred with the yogurt to the pan and smooth the rice out flat. Pressing it down.
- Pour the remaining 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice on top of that rice and press it down flat as well. Making a kind of large rice pancake.
- Cover the rice and let it cook without touching it until the bottom and sides are starting to brown. You should be able to see it browning on the sides. Then you can check the bottom.
- Flip the crispy rice over onto a plate.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, serve some of the crispy rice with sweet potatoes on top and more gingery miso sauce over the top**.