This crunch is on point.
Okay, I don’t actually watch any sports, but I am aware that others do. So made you guys these game day ready vegan spicy glazed popcorn broccoli! Crunchy and baked this broccoli is undeniably amazing. A perfect and cruelty free way to replace popcorn chicken! This super easy recipe takes less than 30 minutes start to finish and will impress everyone!
All those classic nooks and crannies that make popcorn chicken crunchy and super addictive are not lost in this vegan translation. Vegan buttermilk is used to make the dry ingredients crumbly. Those crumbles are pressed onto the broccoli to give it that popcorn feel and taste!
This popcorn broccoli is totally poppable! The spicy glaze on this broccoli is amazing, but the popcorn broccoli without the glaze is amazing too. They are perfect little nuggets that can be dipped in any of your favorite dips. My daughter loves them, without the spicy glaze. So, I usually just do half with the glaze and half without. She dips hers in ketchup and BBQ sauce!
If you are into spicy food though, this is the perfect treat! Spicy and sweet, but refined sugar free and this glaze takes 2 seconds to throw together! Fall is here, and this vegan spicy glazed popcorn broccoli is here for you!
-Crunchy. Baked. 30 minutes or less. Spicy and sweet. Super easy. Perfect for all occasions.
Vegan Spicy Glazed Popcorn Broccoli
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Now, make vegan buttermilk by whisking together the non dairy milk, apple cider vinegar and hot sauce. Let sit for a few minutes to thicken up while you make the rest.
- Next, in a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, panko, corn starch, baking soda, garlic powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Then, taking 2 Tablespoons of the vegan buttermilk, add that to the dry ingredients. Stir together, then use your hands to make wet crumbles. You should be able to press the mixture together, but it should easily crumble. Add a bit more buttermilk if needed.
- Using the remaining vegan buttermilk, dip each broccoli floret into the vegan buttermilk, then put in the bowl with the crumbles and press the crumbles all over the broccoli, coating completely in the breading crumbles.
- Then, place the broccoli onto a baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray. Repeat with all the broccoli florets.
- Spray the tops of the broccoli with more non stick spray. Then bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Flipping the broccoli half way through. Bake until brown and crispy.
- While the broccoli is baking, make the glaze. In a small sauce pan. Combine all the glaze ingredients. Whisk and heat on medium low. Bring to a small bubble, whisk and then remove from heat.
- When the broccoli is done, either toss with, drizzle with or dip the popcorn broccoli in the the glaze! Serve immediately!