This smoked gouda vegan cream corn is one of the best things you’ll put in your mouth this year. It is the easiest thing to make, and makes this best side dish for so many meals. I highly recommend using fresh corn, it is really so good. However, you can use frozen or canned if you prefer. Corn sautéed with garlic and onions. Then tossed with vegan gouda and non-dairy milk. Add some red pepper for a little spice and you have yourself the greatest corn dish of all time.
What You Need For This Vegan Cheesy Creamed Corn:
- Corn: That was probably obvious. I like to use fresh, but frozen or canned works too.
- Vegan Butter: I used Country Crock Plant Butter.
- Garlic and Sweet Onion: These are sautéed in the vegan butter to get the dish started.
- Vegan Smoked Gouda: I used Nuts For Cheese brand! If you can’t fine vegan gouda, you can use cream cheese for this recipe.
- Non-dairy Milk: I used oat milk.
- Salt and Red Pepper Flakes: To season the corn.
I love, love, love, serving a big bowl of these smoked gouda vegan creamed corn with some vegan popcorn fried “chicken” on top! A drizzle of hot sauce over the top of it all. Prepare yourself, because this may be your new favorite thing. Also, just a bit of a warning, you may not be able to stop yourself from getting seconds. What probably would feed 4 quickly becomes portions for 2 instead.
Why Should You Make This Incredible Vegan Side Dish?
- It is the yummiest thing ever.
- It takes 10 to 15 minutes.
- This creamed corn goes so well with all kinds of proteins.
- Perfect for fresh corn season.
- Makes the most delicious southern meal ever better!
Smoked Gouda Vegan Creamed Corn
- 4 Ears of Corn, (about 2 cups)*
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan butter
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 a Sweet onion, diced
- 4 Ounces Vegan smoked gouda, I used Nuts For Cheese**
- 1/2 Cup Non-dairy milk, unsweetened I used oat milk
- Pinch of Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herbs for topping if desired
- Cut the corn off the cob and set aside.
- Heat the vegan butter on medium high in a large non-stick pan.
- Once the butter has melted, add the garlic and onion. Sauté, reducing heat as needed, until the onion is translucent. About 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now, add the corn to the pan, as well as a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté, for 7 to 9 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Then add the smoked gouda and the non-dairy milk to the pan. Stirring until the gouda melts into the corn and the corn is very creamy. You can add another splash of non-dairy milk if it needs to be thinned out more.
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes and another pinch of salt.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply