This peanut butter chocolate chunk vegan banana bread is hands down, the best banana bread I’ve ever had. I know, I know. You’ve seen a lot of vegan banana breads in your life. Since I pride myself on uniqueness, this banana bread has it all. It is filled with peanut butter and chocolate chunks, topped with a peanut butter glaze. It is easy to make and perfectly moist. Sweet and hearty. You can serve it as is, or warm it up a bit and slather with some vegan butter. If you have some ripe bananas you need to use up, look no further. This recipe uses mostly ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and you will never want to make another banana bread again!
What You Need For This Banana Bread:
- Bananas: You want super ripe bananas!
- Vegan Butter, Apple Sauce, Peanut Butter, Vanilla and Non-dairy Milk: For the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Cane Sugar, Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt: For the dry ingredients.
- Dark Chocolate: I get giant dark chocolate bars from Trader Joe’s and cut them into chunks.
- Powdered Sugar: Mixed with peanut butter, non-dairy milk, vanilla and salt make the peanut butter glaze for the top.
So, the other day, I just happened to have bananas sitting on the counter, staring me down. Begging to be used. So, I decided to make this peanut butter chocolate chunk vegan banana bread, without much intention of sharing it with you guys, But, after I tasted it, I just had to! I try not to do recipes that have been done, especially ones I have seen repeatedly. However, this banana bread is not like the others. This banana bread is special. It is the most delicious thing you will do with bananas probably this century! If you love sweet bread, try my Vegan Apple Pie Bread!
Why Should You Make This Peanut Buttery Chocolatey Bread?
- It is the best vegan banana bread EVER!
- If you love chocolate, peanut butter and bananas together, this one is for you!
- It is very easy to throw together.
- A perfect way to use up those overly ripe bananas.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Vegan Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees(F).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, add your bananas. Now, whip and mash the bananas with the paddle attachment for the stand mixer or using a hand mixer.
- Once the bananas are mashed well, add in the vegan butter and beat them together.
- Now add the apple sauce, vanilla and peanut butter. Beat again until combined.
- Then add the cane sugar and beat until combined.
- Last add the non-dairy milk and continue to beat until fully combined and the wet ingredients are pretty smooth. Set aside.
- Now, in a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda and salt.
- Then, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time, beat together the whole time until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. And the batter is smooth.
- Fold the chocolate chunks into the batter.
- Pour the batter into an 8 or 9 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Smooth out evenly.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the loaf.
- Let the loaf cool completely, then make the glaze. Add all the glaze ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled bread, and spread out evenly. Let the glaze firm up.
- Slice and serve as is, or chill in the fridge and warm when ready to eat.