You deserve these.
I know, I know. You’re thinking, “great, another vegan pancake recipe(sarcastically, of course)”. If you have been a reader of mine for any significant period of time, you have probably realized, I don’t like to develop recipes that have been done before. So, you are probably thinking, why vegan pancakes. The answer: these vegan peaches and cream pancakes are LITERALLY the BEST vegan pancakes. I promise.
They are so super crazy fluffy. They are refined sugar free, but still perfectly sweet. Then there is the matter of what happens to the peaches when they meet the heat of the pan. The natural sugars in the peaches creates a caramelization on the top that is beyond compare. Top that with whipped coconut cream, and you won’t know what hit you!
Spring has come in fast and furious, and that means summer is almost here. You know what the best part of summer is? The fruit. Hands down. Peaches are among my favorites, and these vegan peaches and cream pancakes will be on repeat all summer long.
Let’s talk about why these vegan peaches and cream pancakes are so darn fluffy. You first need to make a vegan “buttermilk”, which is just adding apple cider vinegar to non dairy milk to thicken it. Then once you add the vinegar infused milk to the dry ingredients that contains a crap ton of baking powder, there is a rather puffy reaction. This makes these your dream super fluffy pancakes. So, make sure you are enjoying spring and summer properly with one of the best things to do with peaches!
Vegan Peaches and Cream Pancakes
Vegan Peach Pancakes
- 1 1/2 C. Almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 2 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 C. All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 C. Maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable oil or coconut oil(melted)
- 2 Large Peaches,sliced
Whipped Coconut Cream
- 13 oz. Can Coconut milk, full fat or coconut cream(chilled)
- 1/2 C. Powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Make your pancake batter. First, in a small bowl, combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Whisk to combine. Set aside for a few minutes to curdle.
- In the mean time, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Next whisk the almond milk/apple cider vinegar mixture into the dry ingredients. Whisk until fully combined.
- Now add in the vanilla, maple syrup and veggie oil. Whisk until fully combined.
- Then heat a non stick pan or griddle on medium high. Grease the pan with non stick spray or vegan butter. Then pour a small amount of the batter(however large you want your pancakes) into the pan. Cook the pancake until little bubbles start to form on top. It will take a few minutes.
- Next, press slices of peach into the top of the pancake. Place them all around the pancake, as many as you would like. Then let it cook for another minute so the peaches slices are cooked into the batter.
- Now, flip the pancake and cook for a few more minutes on the side with the peaches. Let them get hot and caramelized and make sure the pancake is cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used up.
- Then make the coconut cream, using your chilled can of coconut milk or cream, scoop just what has become thick and firm on the top of the can into a mixing bowl. Save the liquid for another use, or discard.
- Begin to whip the cream with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer. Add a little bit of powdered sugar at a time until it is all incorporated and the coconut cream is light and fluffy. Add a pinch of salt, and combine.
- Serve the pancakes immediately topped with maple syrup and whipped coconut cream!