Yes, lentil loaf. It has been done before, but not all vegan meatloaves are created equal. These mini vegan meatloaves are so dang good! So dang easy and everyone gets their own mini meatloaf. This mini vegan meatloaf dinner makes it so simple to make and serve a complete meal. Bake 4 mini meatloaves with potatoes and green beans all at the same time. You just need to mix the meatloaf mixture, form the loaves, place on the sheet pan. Toss the veggies in, oil, salt and pepper. Place on the same pan and bake!
One of my favorite parts of this meal is the ketchup and balsamic mixture that is brushed on top of the meatloaves. It is sweet and tangy and makes the meatloaf totally delightful! The combination of lentils, mushrooms, garlic, onions and carrots with spices is incredible. Filling and protein heavy! The mixture comes together super quick and then you just bake for about 30 minutes and dinner is served!
I often just buy pre-cooked lentils from Trader Joe’s. They have them in the produce section in a bag. If I just happen to have a bag of dried lentils, I cook them either the day before I want to make this meal. Or in the morning if I plan to make this mini vegan meatloaf sheet pan dinner that night.
I absolutely love a sheet pan dinner, and this is one of my favorites. Honestly, anytime I can throw everything into one pot or put everything on one pan, I’m a happy camper! You can make this meal using different veggies if you want, but the green beans and baby potatoes work out perfectly timing wise! Any kind of firmer vegetable should work though! I am certain this will make it’s way into your regular meal rotation. It is perfect to serve 4, but if it is just 1 or 2 of you, it is the BEST meal prep. I like to save a few of the mini meatloaves and veggies and save them for lunches.
Mini Vegan Meatloaf Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil, divided
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped fine
- 1/2 a Sweet onion, diced
- 1 Large Carrot, diced
- 8 Ounces Baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 3 Cups Cooked Lentils, already cooked, not dry
- 1 1/2 Cups Panko bread crumbs, vegan
- 3/4 Cup Ketchup, divided
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 Tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Pounds Baby potatoes, fingerling or any small variety
- 1 Pound Green Beans, trimmed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees(F).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium high in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add the garlic, onion, carrots and mushrooms to the skillet. Saute, reducing heat as needed, for about 5-7 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked and the carrots have softened. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Turn the heat off.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked lentils and mash them. Either with a fork or potato masher. Mash the lentils well, but leave a little texture.
- Then add the sauteed veggies, the panko, 1/4 cup of ketchup(saving the rest for the topping), soy sauce, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Stir together to start incorporating. Then I like to just use my hands to mash and mix everything. It is mixed properly if the mixture holds together well.
- Spray a large sheet pan with non-stick spray. Then divided the lentil mixture into 4, and form them into mini loaves with your hands. Placing them on one side of the sheet pan.
- Next mix together the remaining 1/2 cup of ketchup and the balsamic vinegar. Then using about half of the mixture, brush it on the tops of the mini meatloaves. Save the rest for later.
- Now, cut any potatoes that are larger than an inch. You can cut them in half or quarters if need be. Put them in a large mixing bowl with the green beans and drizzle with the remaining olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Put the potatoes and green beans on the other side of the sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven. Toss the veggies and then brush the meatloaves with more of the ketchup mixture.
- Then bake for 15-25 more minutes or until the potatoes are soft and the meatloaves are firm. Brush with any remaining ketchup mixture. Serve immediately.