If you ever wondered how to make the best vegan pasta salad, look no further. I have the recipe for you! This vegan lemon dill yogurt pasta salad with roasted spicy chickpeas is it. It is the best I have ever had. Lighter than the macaroni salads of my childhood, lightened up with vegan yogurt. Made zesty and herby with lemon juice and fresh dill. A little spicy with the addition of red onion and garlic. Sprinkled with spicy roasted chickpeas that give it a little pop and crunch. Plus the spice goes super well with the cool lemon dill yogurt. All in all, it really is the best!
What You Need To Make This Lemon Dill Pasta Salad:
- Chickpeas: I just used canned chickpeas that I drain and rinse. You can save the aquafaba for other uses.
- Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Cayenne and Salt: These season the chickpeas so you can roast them.
- Pasta: I used bowtie pasta, but any kind you like will work! You can use gluten-free pasta to make this totally gluten-free.
- Vegan Yogurt: I used Kite Hill brand!
- Garlic, Red Onion and Chives: These are fresh and added to the pasta salad.
- Lemon Juice and Dill: These are the main flavors in the pasta salad. They go into the yogurt to make a nice creamy and yummy flavor.
I feel pretty confident that this recipe is seriously how to make the best vegan pasta salad. The ultimate spring and summer comfort food. I will say, lemon and dill is one of my favorite pairings, so this is a dream come true for me. As a lover of all pasta salads, and a person who does like a pasta salad with a vinaigrette, I still think this is the freaking best. Plus you are getting some yummy protein from those incredible chickpeas!
Why Should You Make This Creamy Vegan Pasta Salad?
- It seriously is so incredible it’s addictive.
- The combination of lemon dill yogurt and spicy chickpeas is so dreamy.
- It is super easy to make!
- It is lighter and healthier than a regular macaroni salad with mayo.
- Lemon and dill makes the perfect spring flavor.
Vegan Lemon Dill Yogurt Pasta Salad
- 1 Can(15oz) Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
Lemon Dill Yogurt Pasta Salad
- 16 Ounces Pasta, gluten-free or regular
- 1 1/2 Cups Plain vegan yogurt, I used Kite Hill
- 2 Cloves Garlic, grated
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 a Red onion, diced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees(F).
- Add the chickpeas to a medium sized mixing bowl, then drizzle the olive oil over the top and then sprinkle with all the spices. Toss to coat the chickpeas.
- Spread them out evenly on a sheet pan and then roast for 10 minutes, toss them and roast for 5 to 10 more minutes or until they are golden brown and crunchy.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package directions and then drain when the pasta is al dente. Then let the pasta cool until it is at at least room temperature or you can chill the pasta in the fridge.
- Once the chickpeas are done, let them cool too.
- Once the pasta and chickpeas have cooled, in a large mixing bowl whisk together the vegan yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, dill, red onion, chives and a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta to the bowl and toss to coat the pasta in the sauce. Then add the chickpeas and toss again.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately. I do recommend not mixing everything together until right before serving, it will dry out after sitting around for awhile. If you are not serving right away and it does dry out add a little more yogurt and lemon juice and adjust seasonings.
This was truly the best vegan pasta salad I’ve ever had! Thanks for the recipe. I really enjoyed the addition of the chickpeas.