Easy peasy and super cheesy.
This vegan garlicky Parmesan pasta soup is my new favorite lazy as crap meal. The effort you need to put into this soup is non existent. Yet, it is so amazing and satisfying! Sauteed shallots and garlic start off the soup. Then all you need is lemon juice, veggie broth and nutritional yeast to make this crazy cheesy, hearty broth soup base! Then just throw your favorite pasta in and cook everything together.
One pot meal is my middle name and this vegan garlicky Parmesan pasta soup is the tops! Not to mention, I am quite certain there is not a human being on this planet that would not love this Parmesan pasta soup!
I used Ditalini pasta because it is adorable and perfect in soups, but you can use whatever kind of pasta you fancy. Even a gluten free pasta, making this a totally gluten free soup as well.
This is soup is light enough for hot days and comforting enough for cold days. I love a soup with versatility! Also, all my favorite soups have pasta, because carbs! This soup is pretty low calorie as well, since you are really only getting calories from the pasta. All the other ingredients are super low cal.
I’m totally obsessed with vegan garlicky Parmesan soup, and you probably will be too. One of the best, weeknight, one pot meals EVER!
Vegan Garlicky Parmesan Pasta Soup
- 2 Tbsp. Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 8 C. (64 oz.) Vegetable broth
- 1/3 C. Nutritional yeast
- 16 oz. Pasta
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- In a large soup pot, heat the vegan butter on medium high. Then add the diced shallot and chopped garlic. Saute for a minute or 2 until the shallot is translucent. Reducing heat as needed.
- Then pour the lemon juice into the pot, scraping any bit of shallot or garlic off the bottom.
- Now pour in the veggie broth, then the nutritional yeast. Whisk to combine. Trying to get most of the nutritional yeast to dissolve in the broth. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Bring the broth to a low boil, reducing heat a needed, then add the pasta. Simmer until the pasta is al dente, check the package for instructions.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, I needed to add more salt and pepper. You can add a squeeze more lemon juice if you want as well. Serve immediately. Top with parsley of you wanna!