These Brussels sprouts are on fire!
Vegan garlic buffalo Brussels sprouts are every vegan’s dream come true. These buffalo Brussels are so incredibly crispy, but they aren’t fried. They are spicy and tangy with sooooo much garlic. Even though they are baked instead of fried, they stay crispy for a long time. Even after they are tossed in the garlic buffalo sauce. I served mine with some vegan ranch dressing, but you can totally make some vegan blue cheese.
I poured all these garlic buffalo Brussels sprouts on to a plate, tried one, and I will never be the same. They are addictive, let me warn you. However, they are just baked Brussels sprouts, so no reason to stop popping them in your mouth.
I hear people joking about how vegans are always trying to convince other people that vegetables are the same as meat. I don’t care what you think, these Brussels sprouts might not taste like chicken wings. I think they are better. They are so freaking delicious, you will forget all about regular buffalo wings.
These vegan garlic buffalo Brussels sprouts take a few minutes to throw together, they bake for 20 minutes. You can make the garlic buffalo sauce while they bake, toss the Brussels in the sauce. Serve. They are definitely a crowd pleaser.
Vegan Garlic Buffalo Brussels Sprouts
- 1 C. Almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 C. All purpose flour
- 1/2 C. Corn Starch
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Hot sauce
- 16 oz. Brussels sprouts
- 3 C. Panko bread crumbs
Garlic Buffalo Sauce
- 1 C. Hot sauce
- 1/2 C. Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- 1 Tbsp. Agave syrup
- 1 tsp. Soy sauce
- 8 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees.
- Now, trim the Brussels sprouts. Trim off the end and pull any bad leaves off the outside. If the Brussels sprouts are small leave them whole, if they are large, cut them in half.
- Then prepare the batter. Add the almond milk and apple cider vinegar to a small mixing bowl. Let sit for a minute, it will curdle and get thicker.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, corn starch and salt.
- Now, whisk the 2 tsp. of hot sauce into the almond milk mixture, then pour the almond milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Whisk until fully combined and lump free.
- Pour the panko bread crumbs into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Then, dip each Brussels sprout into the batter, then into the panko. Coat completely in panko.
- Place each Brussels sprout on to a sheet pan sprayed with non stick spray.
- Bake the Brussels sprouts at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, flip the sprouts over and bake another 10-15 minutes. Or until nice and crispy and brown on the outside, but cooked through on the inside.
- While the Brussels sprouts are baking, make the sauce. In a non stick skillet, heat the vegan butter on medium. When the vegan butter has melted add in the chopped garlic and saute for a minute or 2 to cook the garlic. Then add the hot sauce, agave and soy sauce. Cook for another minute to combine and develop flavor. Remove from heat.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are done, toss in the sauce and serve immediately with vegan ranch or vegan blue cheese.